Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Provari - Is it worth it?

Provari - Is it worth it?

I have only vaped for a couple of months now and have spent a respectable amount on my gear.

I currently use a couple of ego spinners and an Ego C Twist as my batteries.

I was thinking of getting a provari as well - was ready with the credit card and everything. But then I watched a video on the Provari and it dawned on me that it really didn't make much difference in vape quality.

Can you advise if it's worth the nearly $200 in cost to get a provari and why?

Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Yes and no. Depends on what you want out of your vape.

IF you want consistency throughout the entire life-cycle of your battery, then yes.

If you can handle the drop off in current that the twists have as you get close to the end of charge of the battery.. then let it be.

Also depends on how long your twists/spinners last you currently (and also what mah size they are atm too). You may find you only need one battery that will last you the day instead of carrying 2 or 3 of them.

I got it as the device is bulletproof, and i knew i was going to be vaping long term... so decided to get a device that would last.

I don't mind buying this as a device that will last me years - but will it? My spinners are my faves at the moment and I take 2 to work and they last me fine all day. I usually only go to the twist in emergency.

Do you get a better vape or anything out of this? Or can you just claim to be a bigger wanker than everyone else? I don't give a hoot how my setup looks..
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ditto to m0n4g3

If your egos work for you and you're happy, stick with it. Having said that, a provari will last, it's pretty much bulletproof and you will be able to replace the batteries as they age. I don't regret buying mine one bit. It will open up a new world of vaping for you if you take the plunge.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by timmah View Post
    Do you get a better vape or anything out of this? Or can you just claim to be a bigger wanker than everyone else? I don't give a hoot how my setup looks..
    They are variable voltage, so you can use a range of juice delivery systems and not be limited as you are with egos. It will enable you to vape almost any resistance coils and let you fine tune your vape. They don't have ego cone threading though

Super Moderator
    Well... it is a better vape in that the voltage it provides is consistent. Day in day out, what you set... is what you get... even when the battery is down to 3.2v.

It's a real tough device, you can drop it and it will still work. Tried dropping your twists and seeing if the atty connection stay on? I can probably hazard a guess it won't.

It's also able to handle lower ohmage coils (eg 0.9ohms). This is probably useless to you AT THE MOMENT, but when you start getting into rebuildeables (every one does), this is really beneficial.

I've had my current provari for 9 months, dropped it about 10 times, still looks as good as when i first got it and still works just like i got it when i first got it too!

I'm not sure i'll be experimenting with re-buildable atomisers etc because frankly - it looks like I need a degree in electronic engineering to have any joy.

I am happy with the pro-tank 2 at the moment paired with a spinner or an ego twist. To be honest I still do miss the hit of a regular ciggie, but haven't had one for 50 days now.

None of my batteries have had a drop in performance as far as I can tell, so is it still worth it? I do prefer the more expensive buy if it lasts longer...

AVF Regular
    Again it's a yes and no.
    In vaping there really is so much that works for one person and doesn't for the next, but I have a provari mini and must say I am extremely happy with it. A nice strong (heavy) unit that is obviously well made as soon as you hold it.
    If you end up not liking it, you can always sell it on the classies for a few bucks less than what you paid.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    I got caught up in all the provari hype a while back I was disappointed it didnt do any more than a vamo or plenty of others. To be honest I wound up hating it and eventually got rid of it to a friend who actually likes it.
    grouse and Samtron like this.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    I like mine because as previously mentioned they're absolutely bulletproof.

However, after a while I noticed a few things:

Lack of VW gets very annoying
    Flat top cap with no air channels means flush mounting devices is no good
    Not extendable/retractable to take smaller battery sizes

It's like an old land cruiser - it's rugged as hell, definitely won't fail you but it misses a lot of creature comforts.

If I had my time again, would I buy the Provari? I would say yes, but that's due to pretty much every vw device coming out or being discovered some time afterwards.

It's damn solid but it's not really acceptable to be missing some of the features it is - look at the feature set and price of the Vamo - so it's a bit outdated so I would say spend wisely and spend it elsewhere.

Sorry if this post is all over the shop I'm not exactly feeling well lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast