Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By m0n4g3

Thread: Ultrafire >_<

Cool Ultrafire >_<

alright so my general geekery has given me a wee bit of experience with high discharge batts before and I know that anything with FIRE in it's name is usually not the best bet, but I just purchased 3x 4000mah 18650 unprotected batts off of ebay. Saw the listing for 10 bucks and the fact that it was an aussie supplier and hit buy without a second glance. Anyone had any experience with these guys before? I've been looking around and they seem to have a true ma capacity of about 2000, I knew they would be NO-WHERE near 4000 haha, and they really can't be any worse in quality than the 2200ma that I paid $20 for at batteryworld. Just wanna know if anyone has actually been in any sort of genuine danger i.e fire/explosions/acid-gas-in-face type situations using shit batteries? (apart from that gentleman that apparently stacked a couple batteries in a mech lol)

AVF Regular
    You might want to include a link to the vendor mate!

If they're from supersports600 there's nothing to worry about, all his stuff is legit.

AVF Regular
    Got 4 Ultrafire 18500 protected from Slow tech 2 months ago and used on Mech. 1 already died. I didn't bother to send it back for waranty as postage would be much more than the battery itself. Lesson learnt. I will stick with Sanyo (now is Panasonic cell), Panasonic and AW.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Sorry guys here's the link eBay My World - dodygroup

"dodygroup"

Sounds too legit to quit.
    I don't expect them to last all that long, but for a little over 3 bucks to have 3 decently sized batts on rotation doesn't seem all that expensive. Lithium batts have pretty much reached their peak I think, COME ON COLD FUSION TECH!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    Sorry guys here's the link eBay My World - dodygroup

"dodygroup"

Sounds too legit to quit.
    I don't expect them to last all that long, but for a little over 3 bucks to have 3 decently sized batts on rotation doesn't seem all that expensive. Lithium batts have pretty much reached their peak I think, COME ON COLD FUSION TECH!!!!!
    Lithium batts have still plenty of room to move, problem is that the more efficient they become, the more costly it is to design them as you then start getting into nano tubing for the anodes (more specifically graphene nanotubes).

The guys selling the batteries are more than likely reasonable vendors... the problem is the batteries. I'd never touch Ultrafires with a 100m barge! But that's just me