Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Aspire BDC Partial Initial First Impressions

Aspire BDC Partial Initial First Impressions

Attachment 12861

Let me give you a few thoughts of my own.

Maybe just to slow the wheels of over embellishment or exaggeration on the better than gold new Aspire BDC's. Let me just start off by saying I have only tried two tanks so far, and maybe they could be lemon tanks and maybe this new higher mg unsteeped juice. Just changing juice in tank .......(was better) ...Im back.....

This is not a rant by any means. Its just a first impressions account. I like many, am caught up with the hype of certain product reviews. The overwhelming glory review couple with the Chinese whispers and the lines of the so enclined creating more hype entangles me into thinking a certain product is like a touch from The Gods. As stated previously, this is not a rant, a review or anything more than my own account and first impressions of a couple of devices I have tried.

No boxed version of the Aspire, however as you can see the spare coils/heads come in the same as Phil's Aspire version box.

Firstly, the first thing I noticed was the initial noise, obviously having two coils it would (rattlesnake effect) make more of a cooking sound than the trusted EVOD Clearo. The draw is fairly tight compared to an EVOD or TS3. If I had to put it in Rebuildable terms probably somewhere between a .8 to 1.1 mm air hole (devices tried on Vision Spinner VV, GP Paps X, Nemesis)

I did have to pull the centre post, right out of the plastic wrapper due to it being pushed up too far and not connecting.

I wash all my new tanks so after a hot water bath (which may have impacted on the initial findings) it took about 20-30 draws before vaper trails began. Like I mentioned before, the taste has been a little underwhelming when compared to Phil's review. Also as mentioned in the previous paragraph, I initially used straight out of the (Vapemail) post box, newly opened Boba's Bounty (18 mg) and G2's Prime (18mg) Gilligan's Island. Another small note that might have an effect is this is my first day upgraded to 18 mg. After starting this first impressions I did change the Boba's to my fridge laydened steeped 12 mg. which has improved the taste. As I have a couple more tokes of the Vivi Nova tank, the taste is getting better, so I guess I should give it another couple of hours or at least half a tank before I make my final initial findings.......

I will however post this so you guys on the forum can maybe start to comprehend this, my and one persons first impressioins that are maybe the first non "wow theses are better than sliced bread" stance that although maybe completely incorrect to your initial findings, they may allow you the reader to think maybe hold off on getting 100% caught up in all the hype, until you get to try and form your own impressions.

Hope it helps cool the tide of a pre-conceived perfect device expectations. We all know once we take a breath and think there is no such thing as perfect.

Opdee
    essiemessy and alegria like this.

Copied from the group purchase thread from MrsGruffy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    You bathed the coil>?????

Thats your problem bro...

Try again...

make sure coil is screwed on properly
    fill tank
    seal it all tight
    give it a couple of good puffs without firing button
    VAPE!

Im using it on a VW device at 10watts. These dual coils love big power so dont be afraid to turn it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Opdeemist View Post
    Yeah Im starting to think the bath was no good, especially knowing how much non conducting filling is inside. But I have done that with all my clearos. Maybe OCD, but I reckon anything could be in a plant that they're made. Im using mech mods Nemy & Paps X, ill try them on my Zmax and push it.

The taste is really starting to come through maybe the extra grunt you give gets it to the perfect pitch side. The friggin draw maybe playing a part not much air flow. I'll keep trying.

Cheers mate.
    Yep, bath no good cos they have filler material (like a carto) in it that soaks the juice and transfers it to the wicks. If u want to bath anything, take the coil out and bath the rest (tank etc).

Mech mods are no good for this unless you can dial up the watts/volts (ie kick, itaste134, dna20). Push it on zmax
    Quote Originally Posted by Opdeemist View Post
    Here we go bro,

Yeah took the coil out this time, tried the ego version this time..... Lol mate maybe Iz got sum shizzy produkt or somen somen???

Im hoping Mrs G's will have a better ratio of performers than these ones. Im not having much luck my end. My Nova, put it on the Zmax then needed to pull the post again, friggin thin popped out. Put it back in centred the post now get dry hit after dry hit. Went back to the mini Ive now discovered the draw is slightly better (airier) airier not airy! Tastes is ok, a little muffled, but hopefully will still improve after its run in a bit more.

Tried the ego, Im getting a funky taste, burnt nicrome wire mix. Better air draw I guess due to the 2 air holes on the base. But I'll have to wait I guess for more juice to wash out the funk before I give another update on taste.

These ones are from NHaler the one Big Phil spoke about in the States.

Ah well I've had enough of funky taste test tonight. I put em aside till morning and rip on my Kayfun's (LTE) and Taifun.

By the sounds of it Mrs G's getting them off the same dealer you got yours so I'm hoping we'll get to have your experience going forward not mine.

Cheers mate

Its a new looks like a beautiful day. Lets make some changes and see what transpires.

So here we go!

I changed the coil of the Aspire Vivi Nova style, poked a dental pick through the post holes that allow air flow to try and allow a more airy draw, which was one of the issues I had yesterday. So how'd we go? Well the draw is a lot better. Would I say airy? Um no, more of a acceptable slightly tight draw, but acceptable.

Lets get to what is in my eyes the more important aspect of any new device, the taste. So how has the new coil changed things? Well, I can now say my juice selection Boba's is now at the door. He hasn't crashed his way through, but, at least his there. It has only been about maybe 20 - 30 draws, but at least I can taste the excellence of in my eyes this go to juice.

I started it on the Zmax at 7.5 watts. I raised her up to 10 watts but for me, it was maybe too early for 10 due to the coils not yet run in. I backed her down to 8.5 watts and the taste started to come thru. I then threw the Nova style on to my Vision Spinner 1300 mah, tried running at 3.8 Volts seemed a little weak. Pumped up the volume to 4.3 V and Like I said Boba was at the door. Tried it at 4.8 v and the famous juice started to loose its character. So for me I'll give it a tank at around 4.3 volts and place my final verdict.

Just remember peops taste is subjective and what I am experiencing may not necessarily be your experience. Also there are such issues as product discrepancies were you cold have a batch of 100 items and for some reason 10 of the 100 could be unexplainably sub-par. These are all variables that could go into explaining certain issues some may have compared to what others are or have experienced.

I just wanted to be 100 % transparent with my findings and experience. Knowledge is power!

Keep vaping on

Opdee
    essiemessy and kingsr like this.

AVF Regular
    Isn't vaping wonderfully simple and yet so complex. A lot of the loves and hates surrounding vaping seems to be about individual vaping setup and vaping style. I have never found a clearomizer that works with my vaping technique yet I have zero probs with carto tanks but there are hundreds of vapers here that have the opposite experience. I decided to try this clearomizer because it is the closest I could see to my carto Vaping experience. The differences between your experience and kingsr maybe all about vaping technique and unless you are sitting next to each other and comparing its hard to tell what those differences are.

What I do know is that I learn things through trial and error. In your case you are an early adopter of this clearomizer and so you get to do all that trial and error for us. By the way thanks to you and kingsr for doing the hard yards.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 05-10-13 at 10:39 AM.
    essiemessy, kingsr and Opdeemist like this.

AVF Regular
    Crisscross, I'm like you - I can't fathom the hate for carto tanks but me personally I lOVE them greatly! They just work for me.

But in the last 2 days I found myself reaching for the aspire Clearo. It's not better than a carto tank IMO, but it's damn close! I'm waiting to see how long the coil lasts before it tastes shit.

Update:

The Vivi nova wanks to gurgle when juice gets low. Doesn't happen with small Vivi nova, only the normal size one. To fix it, I have to blow the coil out and refill juice.
    essiemessy and Opdeemist like this.

AVF Regular
    Opde, try it's with another juice. A thinner one perhaps?

AVF Regular
    I've tried all sorts of things in my relatively short vaping life. To my mind, all have their merits, but as far as tanks are concerned (not hardcore RBAs), there's a holy grail that I reckon we're all hunting for. As new things evolve, I'll give them a go.
    The conclusions I've come to so far is that I get far more success from bottom coil clearos/tanks, and cartos. In general, that is.
    Some things taste awesome in one, but not the other, and vice versa.

Quest onward LOL I'm looking forward to trying these, with the knowledge kindly provided by these two who have tried them
    kingsr, jen and Opdeemist like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Crisscross you're 100% correct mate. I have found a preference to clearos due to the taste and ease of use. At home I now run silica based RBA's the likes of Kayfun lites and Taifuns purely for the taste and ease of use in respects of filling. My job has me flying quite a bit and the issues I have experienced in the past with pressurisation changes my clearos all tend to have little puddles of juice after landing and thus the endless task of cleaning juice off my devices before use. So I am still searching for a clearo that has a lesser extent of that issue.

I have personally not tried cartos yet, but will at some point, maybe the next Vapour Art (Vapour Day) sale I will invest in a S&P tank. Who knows?

I am very much the optimist and I aspire (pun intended) to have the same experience as the King (Go The Doggies - next year will be their year).

Look really the indications of what I'm tasting now, I will be quite happy with these Aspire Clearos, Even as I'm typing thisnand having a toke the taste is improving, maybe dare I saw it catching up to my TS3s's but its only about 40 draws at this stage so Its not looking bleak by all means.

Thanks for your input also mate, this indeed is a great place to share ideas and experiences.

I would be more than happy to learn (as I have done so far) from everyone else once they get their own Aspire setups going.

Last edited by Opdeemist; 05-10-13 at 10:54 AM.
    essiemessy and kingsr like this.

Opde, try it's with another juice. A thinner one perhaps?
    I will mate throughout the day I will give another couple of juices a go at Aspir ation.

I have the mini nova running G2 Prime Gilligan's Island (pineapple / pina) but will try some others over the next days.
    kingsr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I've tried all sorts of things in my relatively short vaping life. To my mind, all have their merits, but as far as tanks are concerned (not hardcore RBAs), there's a holy grail that I reckon we're all hunting for. As new things evolve, I'll give them a go.
    The conclusions I've come to so far is that I get far more success from bottom coil clearos/tanks, and cartos. In general, that is.
    Some things taste awesome in one, but not the other, and vice versa.

Quest onward LOL I'm looking forward to trying these, with the knowledge kindly provided by these two who have tried them
    Short vaping life, hey Essie.

Gulp..... I could only hope to make your time in.

Looking forward to your findings also.

Signed ..... The embryo vaper
    Crisscross and essiemessy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast