Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can anyone recommend coils to me?

AVF Regular

Question Can anyone recommend coils to me?

I keep having bad experiences with replacement coils. They have a different feel to the originals, some are too airy, others don't taste or vape as well.

Now I've got a mini protank-II.

Should I get replacement coils from fasttech, healthcabin, vapeking, or somewhere else. I'd love the genuine Kanger ones.

Does anyone use a protank and can recommend me some coils that are the real deal or as close to the real deal as possible?

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    I ordered from vapeking and they are genuine KangerTech Protank Coils, 1.5ohm are the best I ordered 5 boxes of 5. 25 total
    Kanger ProTank Replacement Coils
    (Resistance: 1.5 Ohm XLR)
    KNG0012-15 5 $6.95 AUD $34.75 AUD
    Kanger ProTank Replacement Coils - Vapeking <-- 1.5 ohm XLR
    Jeff
    GirlyPantz and Shpondra like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks mate, I ordered a 5 pack yesterday from there! But I got evod coils from there before and they were too airy. I think I got 2.4 ohm as I thought that was best on my vision spinner.

I don't even know what ohms do, but I assume the higher the ohms, the higher you can put the voltage?

OzVape stocks original kanger 2.4 ohm coils got a few boxes last week,good price and fast postage too.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Thanks mate, I ordered a 5 pack yesterday from there! But I got evod coils from there before and they were too airy. I think I got 2.4 ohm as I thought that was best on my vision spinner.

I don't even know what ohms do, but I assume the higher the ohms, the higher you can put the voltage?
    You can use a 1.5 on a spinner no problem, lower ohms more vapour, higher ohms for higher amps/voltage. I would use 1.5 ohm protank coils in evods, or protanks they fit, last longer and better flavour and vapour production.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Just to clear a few things up here, higher resistance coils lower the amperage at given volts. To get the same amperage as the 1.5 ohm coil on a 2.4ohm coil you need to increase voltage to get the same amperage or in effect the same wattage output as the 1.5ohm coil.

Decision should be based on these parameters

If you are using 2.4ohm coils on a VV device like a spinner and find yourself in the 4.2 - 4.8 volt range to get it working how you like and still feel you need a little more vapor or heat, then you probably have a preference for 10-15 watt vaping and should get 1.5ohm coils. As 4.2v to 4.8v @ 1.5 ohms will give you that 10W to 15W vape assuming the device is not amp limited if if can pump 3amps then you are good to go.

If you are using a 2.4ohm coil and are completely satisfied with the vape profile @ 4.2 volts and below stick with the 2.4ohm coils, although 1.5ohm coils can still provide you the profile you would just lower the volts down closer to 3.3v.
    Noe and GirlyPantz like this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    Thank you all very much for your help. Really appreciate it. I'll stick with my 2.4s and will grab em from vapeking and ozvape. Excellent!
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    try the 1.5 ohm coil. I use them with the spinner also, you can almost double the life of the battery, you can turn the voltage down to 3.3 volts and get the same vape as when you have to crank it to almost full on a 2.4 ohm, Maybe just get 1 pack of 1.5 ohms and give it a try its like $6.
    Jeff
    Toddosh and Shpondra like this.

AVF Regular
    Will do Jeff, thanks.

As an aside. I rinsed 2 of my 3 protank coils today, and now they won't work. Epic win lol. At least one is ok hopefully until my 5 from Vapeking arrive.

Anyone know if this is common and if there's a fix? No vape at all

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Will do Jeff, thanks.

As an aside. I rinsed 2 of my 3 protank coils today, and now they won't work. Epic win lol. At least one is ok hopefully until my 5 from Vapeking arrive.

Anyone know if this is common and if there's a fix? No vape at all
    Do you hear any noise? If so then its just flooded and will take a few minutes before they start working, I usually blow down the tube to get most of the water out, If you don't hear anything then they are dead, There are videos on youtube which show how to rebuild them if you have wick and wire.
    Too bad you didn't live near me I could of given you a couple.
    Jeff
    Shpondra likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast