Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By arth_d

Thread: Sigelei Mech Mods Issues

Sigelei Mech Mods Issues

Dear All,

Got my Sigelei Telescope Mechanical Mod - #20 last week and was very happy using it almost everyday.
    Yesterday, while watching a movie and holding my Sigelei #20 I noticed that it became very hot and when
    I looked at it, the vent holes was glowing red. The button was not pressed but I immediately removed the battery (AW 18650) and the Vivi Nova.

I thought that it might have some short so I cleaned it and let it cool for a while. I also tested my battery on my VAMO and it has
    no issues. My Vivi Nova smelled like burnt plastic so it's already busted.

Tried to use it again. When I inserted the battery (Same One) no problems occurred. When I was screwing the Protank II, it immediately became so
    hot and I can see in the vent holes that it was glowing red again. I had to use my shirt to unscrew the battery cap immediately since its hot.

Some red plastic covering of the battery melted in the spring of the battery cap.

I've already e-mailed vapeking about the issue but since it was Saturday then probably I will get a reply on Monday.

Have you guys ever experienced the same issue with Mech Mods??? or I'm just very unlucky.... or probably I'm just lucky since it did not blow my hands or burned my house... Hehehehe....

AVF Regular
    Yeah the 20 is renowned for a shit button. Mine lasted 2 days. It has a spring in it that gets screwed up. I think they have a new version out with a new switch.
    Looks like this

Dont give up on Mech mods just give up on the sigelei 20.
    The nemesis clone from fastech is getting good reviews.

PS dont use it anymore unless you want a battery to explode in your face.
    And take the battery out.
    Last edited by arth_d; 06-10-13 at 08:25 PM.
    Robray likes this.

@ arth_d

I've got the new one from Vapeking. I was not pressing the button when it happened.
    Probably a short inside. By the way, the spring on the bottom cap also collapsed.

AVF Regular
    The spring on the bottom collapsed because its a hotspring. They are supposed to when there is a short.
    It wont be long until the new one shits itself i bet. The internal switch mechanism on the 20 is just designed really badly. Thats nice of Brian to replace it for you.
    Hes a good bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajang View Post
    @ arth_d

I've got the new one from Vapeking. I was not pressing the button when it happened.
    Probably a short inside. By the way, the spring on the bottom cap also collapsed.

AVF Regular
    The button would have to be pressed down for the mod to heat up. If you weren't pressing it I'm guessing the spring or something is gone and the button is permanently held down. It's a mech mod, the only way a circuit is created is by pushing in the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    The button would have to be pressed down for the mod to heat up. If you weren't pressing it I'm guessing the spring or something is gone and the button is permanently held down. It's a mech mod, the only way a circuit is created is by pushing in the button.
    Probably. But the second time I tested it, (not pressing anything) as soon as I was screwing the Potank II it became very hot and I can see glowing red on the vent holes, the spring collapsed and some plastic from the AW 18650 melted and was stuck in the spring. Same with the 1st time it happened. I was just holding it and not pressing the button and suddenly it became very hot. Most likely a short.

@ arth_d

It happened yesterday but I already sent them an e-mail about the issue. I'd probably get a response tomorrow.

AVF Regular
    I just bought one off a forum member, lasted about 20 hits over a 4 hour period.

I believe it is from vapeking and is the new style brass button.
    Doesn't have a blue ring round the top tho ?

AVF Regular
    Does yours have the knurling round the button and a blue ring up top, and complete brass top ? Or just brass 510 insert ?