Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Adam
  • 2 Post By bikam0wz
  • 1 Post By bikam0wz

Thread: So, I'm gonna buy a taifun gt, what do I need?

AVF Regular

So, I'm gonna buy a taifun gt, what do I need?

I've managed to steer totally clear of rebuildables in my two year vaping journey. They just haven't interested me at all, until now...

This taifun gt has been eating away at me ever since I saw the Busardo review, it appears it works just like a big evod, which really appeals to me. The Genesis style atomizers just didn't appeal to me at all, which I was thankful for, because it would have been another grand spent on vaping if I'd caught the Genesis bug.

I'm planning to place an order for the gt in the next pre sale, whether I get one or not is another thing, but I'm definitely buying one when I can. My question is, as a rebuildable noob, what should I be purchasing to go with the taifun? What do they run best on? Do I need mesh, ecowool, kanthal, twik, cotton? Any feedback from anyone who has tried different set ups in this style of atomiser would be appreciated. Also because I don't use rebuildables, I've sold all my mechanicals. What works well and looks good with the gt? I'm not interested in the Poldiac, Precise Plus or Wizards Apprentice, not because I don't like them, but I've owned them before and I'm looking for something new.

Hope someone out there can help out this vaping veteran but rebuildable novice.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-10-13 at 10:35 PM.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    Just get an EPM.

I know that I'm still a fairly new and this probably doesn't mean much, but I have been experimenting a lot with different gear trying to find my way over the last couple of months. On receiving mine from bronco I made a contact coil with cotton, put it on my adam and its been my main vape ever since. I run 2-3 tanks a day through it and change the cotton when needed. Currently also using 2 genesis atties, russian 91, magoo, G50 with microcoil and a couple of rdas, all of which work well but I continue to try different builds on at least one of these most days. However with the Taifun GT I have never felt the need to change the setup since the day I got it 'cause it just works so well.
    Adam and T7x like this.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

AVF Regular
    Good info, thanks bikam. How often do you change the cotton wick and do you run it with a flavour wick over the top of the coil like Busardo does?

And another open question to anyone who can help? What is a squape? Is it similar to the gt in the way it's set up?

I start work in six hours, so I'm off to bed. A preemptive thank you to anyone who helps out
    Last edited by Adam; 06-10-13 at 10:47 PM.
    Just get an EPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Good info, thanks bikam. How often do you change the cotton wick and do you run it with a flavour wick over the top of the coil like Busardo does?
    I'm lazy and only change the wick once or twice a week and I do run with flavour wick over the top - took me a few tries to get the right density and thickness of cotton to keep up with my chain vaping.

Here's the post of the very first setup I did using a mesh wick - Micro coils - I couldn't sort the flooding/shorting so pulled it out, redid the contact coil using a slightly smaller diameter screwdriver but added another wrap to come out at 1.2ohms, and ended up replaced the wicks with cotton. Has been happy days since.

Really want to buy another one, problem is there's so many other shiny things still to try

Todds review on the Squape.
    Last edited by bikam0wz; 06-10-13 at 11:49 PM.
    Adam likes this.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...