Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Post your Fogger Setups, Tips and Tricks....HERE!

AVF Regular

Post your Fogger Setups, Tips and Tricks....HERE!

As so many of us (thanks to all the generous people who run the co-ops) have Foggers now, I thought it might be good to have a "go to" thread for everything "Fogger". Just so everyone understands........I am a Nooooob. I have only ever built a couple of coils in my Igo & now I am faced with my new Fogger!

I disassembled it, gave it a good wash with washing up liquid, soaked it overnight & then had a go.

My first build was 5 wraps of 28g on 2 lengths of 3mm silica, measured .9ohms (a bit lower than I expected) & this failed dismally. After a couple of weak vapes it flooded badly & dumped juice everywhere, out of the airholes.

I guessed his was because there was not enough wick in the grooves so I added another 3mm silica on top (flavour wick?). This also vaped poorly & then flooded, dumping juice? When I went to pull it down I found I had forgotten to put the fill screw back in........doh! So I just cleaned up, re-filled, replaced the screw & carried on. No flooding this time but still a very poor vape........I am failing badly!

So I ripped out the coil & started again......3 strands of 3mm Silica, 8 wraps of 28g, 1.5ohms......

Again......no flooding but a very poor vape......what the hell am I doing wrong! It can't be wicking properly. I am guessing the key to this Fogger is going to be the fine line between flooding & starving the coil? I persevered but was getting no satisfaction from this at all!

Then, inspired by the "Dragon Coil" thing......I figured I had nothing to loose.........

10 wraps of 28g on a 1.2mm jewelers screwdriver, .9 ohms, vertical..........

Pre-boiled cotton wick......light & fluffy around the coil.......denser towards the edge + 2 rolled up pices through the wick holes, tucked under the bed.......

BAM........the Volcanic Dragon Nano Coil sprang to life!!! This is the best vape I have ever experienced. No flooding, No dry hits or burnt taste.....massive clouds........WOW!!!

I chain vaped this thing for about 5 minutes until I nearly passed out.......the Nic hit is massive..........All went well until I was nearly out of juice.....about 1mm above the wick holes.......then it started gurgling & flooded......still I am very happy with this setup..............
    Noe, kptrip, Robray and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Some questions for you more experienced vapers........

1. I am getting a bit of a metallic taste coming through my juice......what is the best way to clean up my Fogger to get rid of it?

2. Is the key to this atty the fine line between flooding & starving the wick? Can this be controlled by how tight I screw down the chimney?

Please post pics and desriptions of your various setups, & any other tips and tricks you come up with for the Fogger!

AVF Regular
    Hints & Tips

Metallic Taste? ----> See ssstahly's post here
    Air flow problems? ----> See Quom's post here and dvietrod's ----> Here Toddish's ----> Here Noe's ----> Here
    Short Fix ----> Here
    See dvietrod's AFC disassembly photos ----> Here
    Can't get your Fogger apart see dvietrod's post ----> Here and Mine ----> Here
    Dry Hits? See my posts ----> Here & Here
    My 3in1 FoggerFix ----> Here

Builds

Toddsreview and build ----> Here (thanks Quom)
    NTLvapor review and build ----> Here (thanks Noe)
    Quom's Micro coil build ----> Here
    darkhorsefkn's build ----> Here
    kronikabis' build ----> Here
    dvietrod's build ----> Here
    Last edited by laurie9300; 23-10-13 at 09:10 AM.
    Driesy77 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Todds review mentioned an oring which is needed.goes on before the chimney base is screwed back down if I remember correctly?

looking at your pics I see an oring, he said it needed removed when rewicking though? Unsure if its that or a different one.
    I thought it was a clear color though ?
    Last edited by oznewbie; 08-10-13 at 09:05 AM.
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oznewbie View Post
    Todds review mentioned an oring which is needed.goes on before the chimney base is screwed back down if I remember correctly?

looking at your pics I see an oring, he said it needed removed when rewicking though? Unsure if its that or a different one.
    I thought it was a clear color though ?
    Yes....the black o-ring you see is the one that seals the bottom of the tank, the clear o-ring that sits above the wick holes snapped as I was removing it for cleaning........& I didn't bother replacing it.........thanks though.....

Anybody else have thoughts on the silicone o-ring above (or below) the wick hole??

AVF Regular
    I got mine yesterday, did the exact same thing I do on protank rebuilds: micro coil on a 1.8mm screwdriver, only had 32 gauge kanthal so has come out at 2.6ohms (was 8-9 wraps). I have it on a provari so resistance isn't an issue. I just run cotton wool straight across. I put the o-ring back on. Am yet to get a dry hit or have any flooding.

I'll leave the metallic taste to others, but it could be that you didn't clean it properly as there is a lot of machining oil in these (run a q-tip over it or down the mouth piece and it will turn black). It can also be a short or that your coil isn't broken in. It's why I like micro coils. I need to heat them up with current to squish them together properly so they're good to go once they're set up. I'm not sure but I think over stuffing the coil can cause it as well but in my experience an overstuffed coil tastes more like you're vaping through a tissue.
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have epic failed 2 builds on this.... using the wick that came with it... probably not a good idea.
    Can i get a photo of your micro setup Quom?

That nano coil looks nice maybe ill try that out tonight.

What are the majority of AVF using in them? Cotton, sillica or mesh?
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Try alcohol (vodka) for removing the metallic taste. 20 mins soak in a little container and then paper towel and cotton buds did the trick for me.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    I'll leave the metallic taste to others, but it could be that you didn't clean it properly as there is a lot of machining oil in these (run a q-tip over it or down the mouth piece and it will turn black).
    Thanks Quom, I did wash it wish dishwashing liquid and soaked it in it overnight, then rinsed & left to dry......maybe not enough???

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    It can also be a short or that your coil isn't broken in. It's why I like micro coils. I need to heat them up with current to squish them together properly so they're good to go once they're set up. I'm not sure but I think over stuffing the coil can cause it as well but in my experience an overstuffed coil tastes more like you're vaping through a tissue.
    Yes I always torch kanthal before & after coiling........the Nano coil is made exactly the same way as the micro but with a smaller diameter.............

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    Try alcohol (vodka) for removing the metallic taste. 20 mins soak in a little container and then paper towel and cotton buds did the trick for me.
    Thanks ssstahly......I have some at home........I will try it and post my results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast