Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Demented
  • 1 Post By Opdeemist
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Flashing Light on Halo Triton Battery when Kanger Mini tank 2 is used

Flashing Light on Halo Triton Battery when Kanger Mini tank 2 is used

Sorry if this is a repost, but being new, I couldn't find anything specific to match a little issue I have found tonight.

When I tried to attach the Kanger Pro Mini Tank 2 to the Halo Triton battery, it flashed and I was unable to vape. When I reconnected the Triton Tank 2, there was no problem. There was also a small gurgling sound. I have cleaned out and reassembled the Kanger Tank. What have I broken...it is only 2 days old.

I was careful when refilling not to remove the coil and the seal. When I cleaned it, I have noticed that there seems to be a gap(which I am assuming is normal as I had not touched this previously) between the pyrex(there is a small clear plastic washer in between the glass and the steel.
    Opdeemist likes this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Are you saying the protank worked on your triton battery for 2 days?

Mmm interesting!

In my opinion:

Its because Halo is a KR808 1D design and not eGo or 510 connection compatible unless you use a connector. So the kanger Protank which has a eGo connection will be basically shorting when connected to your Halo either Triton or G6 devices. The light is basically a warning sign, a secondary purpose of the light/switch.

That is the major problem with buying Halo. You have to buy all tanks systems thru them.

If you need some tanks I may be able to let some go. All new items.

I'll check tomorrow.

But in the mean time don't leave your protank connected especially while your sleeping, possible dangerous situation.

The gurgling sound would be what is known as flooded. Either the air hole has been blocked whilst vaping, causing the juice (through pressure) to be sucked into the air/vapour stem or where the wick and coil are so drowning the coil.

How to fix a protank style bcc from flooding. There are probably heaps of links and youtube vids about this but in short.

All you can do is disconnect the base (obviously upside down if its full with fluid) of the unit thread a cotton bud or rolled up bit of paper towel thru the air pipe/stem.

Then pull the shaft or air pipe/stem covering the coil and wick off the base of the connection that normally screws onto the battery and cut a tiny extra bit of silica and lay it over the coiled wick. They call that a flavour wick. That will hopefully stop flooding.

The only issue is : its a fine line between flooding and poor wicking. Too much flavour wick inhibits wicking too little and your coil gets flooded.

Its late.

Good luck
    Last edited by Opdeemist; 10-10-13 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Mislabelled eGo connection with 510
    Samtron likes this.

A flashing light usually means battery flat or a short.
    As it's not flat (it works with another clearo), it's a short, so the positive and neg wires inside the head are touching, or the positive is touching the sides.
    If you have a spare head then change it. If not and you are inquisitive, try feeling under the wick with tweezers or pin to see if you can find where the kanthal runs and pull them straighter/apart. Or pull the wire ends near the bottom grommet (not too much or you'll damage the coil)

I don't own a Protank mini just a Protank. But again waking up today I checked to see if it connects and I was right. Protanks have an eGo connection so there is no way that it will fit on the Halo Triton battery seeing it is the KR808-1D type connection. Its like trying to fit a triangle into a round hole.

I have heaps of brand new Halo tanks both mini and large tanks if you need.

AVF Regular
    I've had issues the last few days of coil resistance dropping over a period of time. it's caused my vamo to flash a low ohm warning at me. this could be happening with your protank coils. people have suggested that my juice could be causing a build up on the coils, eventually getting to the point where it's shorting them out.
    Opdeemist likes this.

Kay, I don't really understand until Demented elaborates more. Because you can not fit an eGo tank on a KR808-1D battery which the Halo Triton systems is, without a connector.

So unless he/she has one, I'm lost for words.

I do however understand your point in respects of build up creating a basic arcing effect creating a short. Have you checked your post? Maybe a post pull or depending on the tank adjust the centre pin so it is indeed making a connection to your Vamo negative terminal.

AVF Regular
    I've had the problem with the last 3 cartos I've used. I have a feeling it might have been the sweetener i'd put in the juice. I went to try non sweetened juice and I think the carto I put that in was an outright dud (that does happen occasionally), so for now I'm using my vobcc instead of carto tank.

[Opdeemist, I actually haven't required an adapter, the mini protank v2 just went straight on previously
    Last edited by Demented; 10-10-13 at 06:59 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Opdeemist View Post
    Kay, I don't really understand until Demented elaborates more. Because you can not fit an eGo tank on a KR808-1D battery which the Halo Triton systems is, without a connector.

So unless he/she has one, I'm lost for words.

I do however understand your point in respects of build up creating a basic arcing effect creating a short. Have you checked your post? Maybe a post pull or depending on the tank adjust the centre pin so it is indeed making a connection to your Vamo negative terminal.

Opdeemist, I actually haven't required an adapter, the mini protank v2 just went straight on. Although in the light of day, I have noticed that there is a little white rubber thingy (technical term) which goes up into the coil, just above where the tank would connect to the battery....and it has broken.