Low ohm restrictions

Hi i know some mods (looking at VV VW) wont fire low ohms...

here are the specs from the SID;

"Voltage Control Range: 3.0--6.0 V with 0.1 volt increments
    Wattage Control Range: 3.0--15.0 watts with 0.5 watt increments"

for pure example using 3V, 5A, 15W would give you a coil with a resistance of 0.6 ohms.

would this be the lowest possible resistance coil you could use on this device or would it not fire up at all? If not why have they made it like this. thanks for your imput.

Adam.
    Last edited by adamcheese; 12-10-13 at 03:30 PM.

AVF Regular
    i had cartos shorting out on me a bit and my vamo started flashing a low resistance warning at me when they got lower than 1.3ohms. it's a safety thing. if you want to go really low ohms, you'd need to go for a mech mod that doesn't have short circuit protection.

i'm sure someone will come along with a proper technical explanation of it all soon

kay yea, i figure it was some safety protection thing - wonder why they don't put this spec on the mods. Another question (sorry) - running the SID for example at 6 volts /15 watts /2.5 Amps gives you a 2.5 resistance on the coil. So building a coil with this resistance would produce the most vapour because the surface area of the coil would be the largest. is this correct?

AVF Regular
    hmmm ... lost me there, adam. sorry. i don't do rbas. i do know there are other factors involved in vapour production. you need to consider your wicking material, the make up of your juice (higher vg juices produce more vapour than higher pg juices) and probably some other things i can't think of right now.

thanks anyway kay

This device, like most regulated mods, wont fire anything lower than 1.2 ohms.

If you decide to go mechanical make sure you get the right batteries first. There is a lot of info on what are the right batteries, just do some searching