Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need opinion to choose between GMS Mech & Biomech Two Tone Limited Edition

AVF Regular

Need opinion to choose between GMS Mech & Biomech Two Tone Limited Edition

Hi guys,

I am thinking to get either GMS or Biomech (limited Edt) but there are just too few youtube review (or intro) available for comparison. I do like silver pin that GMS has but the venting holes are completed muted in 18350 mode. The button looks kind of hard to press as well. The Biomech uses copper pin but not reverse threaded so it has dead lock problems.

Have been told by the vendor both works on Smoketech kick clone for 18350/18490/18500 and the price between 2 are similar. Would love to hear your opinion and perhaps recommendation on other mod in similar grade.

Can GMS & Biomech consider as high end mod?

cheers
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

silver pin is bling IMO, the battery is not silver, the rest of the signal path (which is in series with the pin) is not silver, the difference in total impedance will equal naught and while silver is highly conductive, silver sulphide can be problematic. gold plated copper would be more useful. no comment on the rest, just dont let the silver pin swing your choice, its inconsequential in the big picture.
    porkchop likes this.

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I have a normal biomech and it kicks ass, the limited edition version would be slightly better again because of the fat bottom contact; solid silver pins do actually make a difference though contradictory to what nimbus says, it's all about minimal voltage drop... I use eveon for no voltage drop at night but use biomech all day because it's ridiculously solid and still hits like a truck, it's also very compact.
    Never had any problems unscrewing the biomech either as the threading is perfect.
    porkchop and dhans like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

t7x, I know very well what its about, I would require proof, not subjective opinion or sales hype. the difference in resistance between a copper pin and a silver pin is going to be meaningless. I would be incredibly surprised if you could even measure it, let alone notice it.

I work in fields where these things actually can come into play, as well as in audio where it is often used to sell things like here, very high frequency RF amplifiers, or high gain low output phono cartridge cables and phono preamps, for example this stuff can matter (at least objectively). pin is what gauge and what length? the difference in resistance is going to be very small fractions of a miliohm, at these currents and this application, not important. then especially since you then add a coil to the circuit, which is orders of magnitude higher resistance. it sounds like youve been influenced by hype mate.

basically the difference here would be completely overwhelmed by even the accuracy/error of your multimeter measuring the coil, thats if exact accuracy mattered. I say again, electrons dont travel faster or something through a little section (but they may cause more heat on thinner sections, but again, I cant see how it could be important here). the whole circuit is in series, the resistances are added together and that circuit includes the return path, which in this case is mostly stainless steel, its even telescopic, so the thread joins already matter more than the silver pin. you cant think of little elements in isolation like that, thats not how current/electron flow and resistance works.
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 14-10-13 at 03:16 PM.

AVF Regular
    My goodness. these comments made the choice even harder....
    Robray likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I haven't been influenced by hype I've been influenced by a multimeter, I know the difference is small and that the atty makes more difference anyway but some people care about the small differences, gold is less conductive than either silver or copper so I don't see why you would suggest it either?
    If you have a multimeter you can test the drop on my Eveon vs my Biomech vs whatever mods you have if you like, bio is solid full copper contacts and eveon is solid full silver contacts, both quite fat contacts. Even in this situation you will notice 0.1- 0.2 voltage difference and they are both at the peak of performance mods.
    Last edited by T7x; 14-10-13 at 03:30 PM.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    Quit on 10.06.2013

looks like a nice mod, dont get me wrong, but after checking out the size of the pin in the vid, copper vs silver, really there are more important things to base a choice on. looks bigger than 4awg (~5mm), 4awg standard copper resistance is 0.2485mΩ per foot; yes, 0.2485 1/1000ths of an Ohm per foot and current carrying capacity is 70-100A before it even gets very hot. so 1foot = 297mm lets say its 10mm long, that makes for 0.00828333333334 1/1000ths of an Ohm. or 0.00000828333333334Ω silver will be ~10% better under perfect circumstances, so add another zero for the improvement (very rough estimate)

* edit NVM a previous comment on drop; I was referring to info in the voltage drop table I decided not to include

do you see my point?

if you can measure that with a DMM i'll eat my shorts, in reality, you will have measured an error. plus as I said, its all in series. gold PLATE, a few microns of plating to protect oxidization. thats why I suggest it. copper oxide pretty bad, silver sulphide (silver causes sulphide in air, not oxide), still somewhat better than copper in some conditions, until it gets bad; gold will stay inert and its only a few microns, wont make any measurable difference to the total resistance of the copper/pin

maybe the LE is a better mod overall and has lower resistance overall, due to other factors. not saying there is any harm in it, just not a factor to include in a decision making process IMO.
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 14-10-13 at 03:57 PM.
    Robray and porkchop like this.

AVF Regular
    never tried any of these, but, here's my 2c. Both would have a little variance in the voltage drop. You wont be able to tell a difference by using it side by side. Only way to tell which one has lower voltage drop, is if you test it with multimeter/ecdmeter/tester. Only way to choose between the two, is by the asthetics of it, and which one looks better to you. Also consider what atty you are putting it on. In the end, it really comes down to your atty that you are using on it.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for all suggestions. Looks like Biomech is the one to go for now. Will put Fogger while on the run (the overall weight would probabaly break my pocket) and use Igo-W or Trident at home.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast