Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: itaste svd firing at .9 ohm's

itaste svd firing at .9 ohm's

Hi im still green here so if this is a dumb question sorry.

Got myself a igo-w made a dual coil for it after a few attempts got it read .9 ohm's on a ohm's tester and the svd hit the button and both coils glowed red . Now it running at maxed out but its vaping awesome.

My concern:
    is there something wrong with my svd because its my belief that its should not fire anything below 1.3 1.2 ohm's or am I just lucky.
    Is there a risk of something bad happening if i continue to use it.

My evic reads at .8 ohm's and just said no Im not firing that.

Cheers guys Klompa

my svd wont fire under 1.3 ohms so im guessing your low ohms protection doesnt work. sweet i guess provided thats the only thing wrong inside with the chip and your atty never has a short. like a mech with voltage control! may be other things damaged inside though so could be worth using some caution and waiting for someone to reply with some actual knowledge
    If that doesn't work try a bigger hammer!

AVF Regular
    i'm not sure if this is right....

0.9ohm dual coil is 2x1.8ohm coils...the power get's halved or something?

so maybe the svd....i have one too and haven't tried making my own dual coils yet....is picking up that it's actually over 0.9ohms singly and hence is allowing you to fire?

anyways not sure

soth or luntingsir would know...speak of noe...he might too...

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Yeah I was like shit it fired (alright) and then this could be bad

What does yours do or say when trying to fire under 1.3 ohm's

Cheers mate

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Mine was a pain in the butt with the not firing below 1.3ohm, was no way around it even with dual coils so it's not that imo; stop using it now, using a broken mod is like dipping your cig in petrol to see if it will give a better nicotine hit.
    Last edited by T7x; 15-10-13 at 12:28 AM.
    Do you know de way 👺

lol dont see how low it will fire! that a recipe for disaster like trying to short a battery in a tube

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect View Post
    lol dont see how low it will fire! that a recipe for disaster like trying to short a battery in a tube
    ehehe you're right... not all explosions are bad though.
    Do you know de way 👺

Super Moderator
    my suggestion - get a new svd. And retire that one straight away. It's not working as designed.
    Nakor likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

as for the dual coil my understanding is that by having 2 coils you are still allowing the same amount of current to flow through as if you had 1 coil. imagine it like this you have one piece of thick wire that is 0.8 ohms, now split that wire into 2 pieces, 1 of those wires by itself would be 1.6 ohms but together combined they are still 0.8 ohms. sorta like if you twist 2 pieces of 32ga wire together they will act like a thicker gauge piece of wire and give you lower ohms. the battery only has 1 positive and 1 negative your just assisting more current flow by allowing it to travel 2 paths rather then 1 thick one.

thats my logical explanation it may be wrong so like i said wait for someone with more knowledge but dont listen to stupid suggestions like see how low it will go. that not a very wise thing to suggest T7x even as a joke klompa may not have the experience or knowledge to know the dangers that could present

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by suspect View Post
    as for the dual coil my understanding is that by having 2 coils you are still allowing the same amount of current to flow through as if you had 1 coil. imagine it like this you have one piece of thick wire that is 0.8 ohms, now split that wire into 2 pieces, 1 of those wires by itself would be 1.6 ohms but together combined they are still 0.8 ohms. sorta like if you twist 2 pieces of 32ga wire together they will act like a thicker gauge piece of wire and give you lower ohms. the battery only has 1 positive and 1 negative your just assisting more current flow by allowing it to travel 2 paths rather then 1 thick one.

thats my logical explanation it may be wrong so like i said wait for someone with more knowledge but dont listen to stupid suggestions like see how low it will go. that not a very wise thing to suggest T7x even as a joke klompa may not have the experience or knowledge to know the dangers that could present
    Fixed it bro sorry.
    Do you know de way 👺

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast