Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 18350's in SA

18350's in SA

Does anyone know here I can get some 18350's in SA?

I tried Battery World, but they didn't have any. I'm very impatient, and would prefer to buy locally, rather than waiting for shipping.

I have a couple of unprotected ones, but want to use them in a mechanical mod, and don't particularly want to (potentially) blow my face off!

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Why not give ecig SA a call. They are not on the website but peter would know.
    Fatman and dash213 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    Hi Dash , one of our members here runs an ebay webshop (Supersports600) supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!
    He is pretty quick on the postage usually ... much quicker than waiting for O/S batteries at the very least
    other than that , 18350's are pretty thin on the ground outside of vaping shops

Cautionary note when shopping elsewhere, avoid the generic 18350's and pretty much anything with "Trust" or "fire" in its name ... they are usually crappy in nature
    Crisscross, eteach and dash213 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

If you want to pay top dollar the The Battery Bar in Adelaide Arcade sells them.

Price would probably work out the same as from anywhere else with postage so its an option.

Welcome to the Battery Bar - Much more than...
    Fatman, dhans and dash213 like this.

Hey Crisscross, I was at Ecig SA on Friday (my new favourite place) and Peter didn't have any in stock.

I'll check out Supersport600, thanks for the link Fatman.

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

Ohh, just saw your post KBM, I'll be in town tomorrow, not fussed with the cost, I want it now!!

Cheers
    Darren

Bugger, just rang Battery Barn, and none in stock. I've irdered a couple from Supersport600.

Just a quick one, what's the difference between protected an IMR? I've googled it, but still have no idea what it all means. TTMLIAFYO.

Cheers
    Darren

AVF Regular
    Protected has an actual protection circuit on the battery, preventing bad things from happening (over charging / discharging and short circuit). IMR is a 'safer' chemistry battery, which is less volatile than a regular battery.

So whilst not "protected", still safer than unprotected and should be OK in a mech mod?

Cheers
    Darren

AVF Regular
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon with better detail, but anyway. IMR is popular in mechs, due to being safer chemistry. However it is also important to know the amp limit on the battery so as to not put excessive strain on the battery. TheEcigStop.com - Your quest for the best e-cig ends here! - OHM, AND JOULES LAW CALCULATOR is worth looking at.

Quick example, a 1.0ohm coil with a fresh charged battery running around 4.2v will be running at 17.64 watts with an amp draw of 4.2. Whereas a 1.8ohm coil would be 9.8W and 2.3A.

Going subohm to 0.8 results in 22W and 5.25A. 0.7Ohm results in 25W and 6A.

So if you're using an IMR battery with a lower amp limit this could result in the bad things. One of the best statements I've seen is roughly "amp rating is a limit, not a target".

Basically do some research, learn the appropriate formulas (or use the calculator), use good quality batterys, and don't push too close to the edge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast