Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: WTF...the strangest thing...not sure if this is the right place to post...

AVF Regular

WTF...the strangest thing...not sure if this is the right place to post...

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to post...

I'm still fairly new.

I've been having problems with the lack of Throat Hit (TH) in the past couple of months.

It was fine to begin with...but then it went down hill...only appearing after a break from vaping of a solid 10-20 mins.

Now i tried many things...i changed from top coil clearo's to bottom coil thinking i might be having wicking trouble...

had the same problem.

So i put it out there in the new vapers forum. Got several bits of advice...i took 2 up.

I upgraded and i tried menthol.

Now the menthol worked straight up with an artificial cold hit to the back of the throat. Same with koolada.

But initially i wasn't having much luck with my igoL's without the menthol...so i vaped menthol for a bit.

But then...i decided to mix it up after i overdid the menthol for a week or 3.

I had some 15mg banana vanilla custard which had been steeping for over a month.

It had a weird sort of kick in the throat...now i overdid the banana...so i attributed the TH to that.

anyway, I've since made my first contact coil, and had to rewick it tonight. Gave it a wash, gave it a dry burn.

With the new cotton i went ahead and tried out a new flavour. New York Cheesecake and Irish Cream.

Delicious by the by, total fucking winner. NOT ONLY that....but i'm DEFINITELY getting some throat hit.

Why is that? i'm confused? did i mess up my coil on the rewick? is this an artificial TH from shorting or something? there's no metallic taste? the ohms aren't perfect...i think i buggered the coil some...

can someone explain what i've done so i can do it again?
    GirlyPantz and avtek like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    woops...think i may have gone and buggered it right up...

had a tinker with my coil and tightened the posts....now the bastard is back to having no throat hit...nice flavour but...

shame about the DAMN TH ....it was so GOOD for a while there...

is intentionally causing a short in a regulated mod a bad thing? what about a mech mod using IMR's? how would i go about doing that safely? was AWESOME throat hit...

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Remove the wick, fire the coil, prod it all together gently from either end with a syringue tip any gaps at all make a big difference.
    I got dual nano coils on my kraken now the TH makes me cough big time maybe a bit too much hot vapour.
    Samtron likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

AVF Regular
    Not sure if I can help, but don't go intentionally making it short.
    Have you thought of either upping your nic or adding TH enhancer?
    Samtron likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

is intentionally causing a short in a regulated mod a bad thing? what about a mech mod using IMR's?
    ummm, yeah, i'm not really sure 'bad' quite expresses it
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    lol nuff said.

yeah the ohms have settled right the pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple down and are consistent as...but my TH has died.

I guess i'll look into throat hit enhancer or adding koolada to my dessert vapes for an icy hit...

when i'm confident i'll kick it up to dual coils...i've got a dual coil on my other IgoL and it just doesn't do any better TH wise...it simply gives slightly bigger plumes.

More nic, more PG 》》》more throat hit
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    i hear you Vinny, thanks for your post mate...but I'm REALLY trying to wean myself off the nic.

yes there are health benefits but i've got the shits with being so dependent on it.

i'm weaning off 1mg/ml per month. I won't be stopping that.

I've heard genny's and stainless steel mesh are great for throat hit. Same with adding alcohol and possibly TH enhancers.
    GirlyPantz, Vinny and Driesy77 like this.

AVF Regular
    Samtron. I know what you mean re throat hit. I have never found TH from a non menthol Eliquid. Upping the nic just spins me out and upping the pg just dries my mouth out and turns every taste sour. Hope you find your nirvana soon.
    Samtron likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    CC your the best...thanks for your empathy mate.

You've put up with my whingeing for ages. LMAO.

Look i've still got a few options...there are several TH enhancers i've just looked up. There's alcohol (which has a double pro cos if it doesn't work i can always DRINK IT in frustration), there's the genny's which i'll get onto when i get bored of dripping (which has been totally worth the upgrade by the by, i love it, and am stoked my contact coil/cotton wick is working well) and last of all, i can add menthol/koolada to my dessert vapes. Keeping this as a last resort cos i'm not sure how menthol new york cheesecake with irish cream will go down...although i remember you saying it's a cool menthol inhale and a dessert rich exhale.

Anyway thanks for putting up with me everyone. sorry for the whinge.

EDIT: F#@K it i'm adding koolada to 10ml of my NYC/IC mix. As it is it's an awesome mix, full of flavour. Let's see what koolada does to it. I'm going to do this to hip hop music...cos EVERYTHING is better with hip hop music...makes me feel african american...gangsta style. And just cos of the hip hop i'm just gonna throw in 10% koolada. Word.
    Last edited by Samtron; 15-10-13 at 09:06 AM.
    Crisscross and Cumulonimbus like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast