Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By magick81

Thread: Help setting up Sigelei Kick on mech mod for first time.

AVF Regular

Help setting up Sigelei Kick on mech mod for first time.

Hi guys and gals

As the title says I need a little help setting up my Sigelei Kick for the first time. It's been collecting dust since I purchased a Provari right after and haven't been using mechs, but recently acquired a SmokTek Magneto which I'm keen to try out.

Ive got some 18490 battery's in the charger right now. And plan on trying my Kayfun Lite out on it.
    My KFL's coil is 1.0 ohm and on the Provari I vape it at 3.4 volts max. Any higher and I got dry hits and start burning my cotton wick. Coil is a micro coil.

How many watts should I set the kick to? I'm thinking 10 but I'm not sure. Also, does the kick reduce voltage? Or only increase? Cause if it doesn't reduce I will need to try a higher resistance coil on it.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Cheers
    kev

AVF Regular
    Uh-oh!

Battery has charged and I just tried to put the kick in and it doesn't fit
    the bottom board goes in fine, but the top board will not fit inside the tube
    i have made sure to push the little ball terminal connector thingy in but it won't give and I'm being careful as I don't wanna force it and break the unit in the process. Any help?

Can I file down the top board at all to help it fit in the tube?

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    magick, there's a little gold contact that sticks out past the edge of the top layer. It's spring-loaded and you need to push it in to get the kick into the tube.

edit: didn't read your entire post ... the ball bit should definitely push in.
    Last edited by btobw; 15-10-13 at 10:41 PM.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I've pushed the ball in, but it still does not fit, as the top board does not fit through the tube.
    The board at the bottom fits in fine, without touching the sides, do I need to file the top board down so it fits?

Super Moderator
    Magick , you can very gently file a bit off the edge of the board , but please ensure you do not take off too much and expose any of the copper on the board to the outside edge .... it may only need a poofteenth by the looks ?

If you inadvertently DO expose some of the copper grab some Kapton tape to insulate it from grounding ( very strong and thin ) or at the very least whack some varnish on it to stop it frying stuff .

Oh and sometimes ... if you unscrew the bottom end of a mod ... it may fit in from that end .... depends on the machining, I had that very same issue with a segelie mod and one
    Last edited by Fatman; 15-10-13 at 11:42 PM. Reason: speeling
    Robray and 308hjute like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks Fatman

I did try it from the bottom of the tube also and got the exact same result :/

I did however manage to get it into a cheap K-100 mod that I had lying around, so was able to test it out on that and it works great at 10w.
    Too bad it doesnt look as nice as on the Magneto or the Provari with beauty ring/cone thingy.

I did try it on the Magneto without the Kick and it works amazingly, when I compare it to the Provari at 3.7 I cant tell much difference. Too bad I can't chainvape with it without a kick module, so I'm going back to my Provari for the timebeing.

Damn what an Anti-Climax for me lol, i was getting excited!

Oh well, I'll have to find my files and try taking off a little bit when I have time, probably on the weekend.
    In the meantime, I've emailed the vendors I got both the Magneto and the Kick from, maybe they will have some other ideas to try also, as I'm not real keen on filing it down. I'm not the best when it comes to these types of projects and and worried i may make a dogs breakfast of it all, lol

I'll let you guys know of any developments from here, and I'm still keen to hear other ideas.

Cheers
    Kev
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi mate this ohm calculator can help you. Input the ohm value of your tank and the voltage of your sweetsppot and it work out other values for you. Assuming you are using 3.4v with 1 ohm. Your kick may want to set to approx 11.5 watts. I think Seigalei only support up to 10 watts so you might want to try 8 watts at first and increase (or decrease) for your sweetspot?

Ohm Calculator: Ohm's Law Calculator
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18