Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meeuwsy

Thread: 2mm ss wire shoved in Ekowool

2mm ss wire shoved in Ekowool

Hi everyone

Has anyone tried putting 2mm ss cable in 2mm Ekowool and used it as their wick?

I was having trouble setting up coils with mesh as a newb so I thought I would give it a go on my RSST.
    I get heaps more vaper than the clearos I have been using but the taste is a lot different maybe I need to play around with the wattage.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried this and if you have can you give me some feedback

Cheers

Have been running an aga-t2 with 2mm ss wire and 3mm ekowool for a few weeks now - use it at home for my coffee and choc juices 'cause its easy to dry burn the dark juices once they start gunkin' up the coils.

In what way is the taste different?

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

Quote Originally Posted by bikam0wz View Post
    Have been running an aga-t2 with 2mm ss wire and 3mm ekowool for a few weeks now - use it at home for my coffee and choc juices 'cause its easy to dry burn the dark juices once they start gunkin' up the coils.

In what way is the taste different?
    the flavor is a bit harsh and not as sweet this is only my 3rd coil I have ever made

Harshness comes hand in hand with gennies/drippers, unless it's burnt harsh. The lack of sweetness could just be break in time for the Ekowool or you haven't torched the cable and ekowool.
    Samtron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Harshness comes hand in hand with gennies/drippers, unless it's burnt harsh. The lack of sweetness could just be break in time for the Ekowool or you haven't torched the cable and ekowool.
    I torched the cable but not the ekowool

AVF Regular
    good to give them both a torching or at least a rinse....i do fucking both with any of my silica/stainless/metal products. Who knows what they've been through during processing, storage etc.

good on you for having a bash, i'd never thought to do it this way. good to know mate.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

interesting, I was just thinking about this on the weekend. I have a bunch of organic silk and cotton tubing that I use for audio cables between the cable and the outer sleeve. thought it would work well, kinda turning the normal wicking system inside out. gonna definitely give it a go now.