AVF Regular

Batteries for my new mech.

Hey guys,
    Just ordered the Nemesis(Fasttech) and was wondering if it matters which batteries i use. I have only AW batteries which i thought would be ok as they are good quality and work great on the Provari but wanted to be sure. Does it have to be a specific brand/type of battery for a mech mod?If the AW batteries are no good then which should i get? I wanna get them in before the Nemesis arrives so im good to go when it gets here

Make sure you buy protected batteries for mechs as there is no circuit protection .I use Efest nipple top 800mah for my 18350's protected of course and use Sanyo Flat Top 3000mah for my 18650's also protected I don't have any AW but heard they are good also

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just ordered the Nemesis(Fasttech) and was wondering if it matters which batteries i use. I have only AW batteries which i thought would be ok as they are good quality and work great on the Provari but wanted to be sure. Does it have to be a specific brand/type of battery for a mech mod?If the AW batteries are no good then which should i get? I wanna get them in before the Nemesis arrives so im good to go when it gets here
    Sorry to just refer links but - Google is your friend
    Youtube Nemesis Battery Review
    http://tinyurl.com/oceccwq

ECF Mech Mod Battery Thread
    mech mod batteries?

I should say that I don't have a mech but never say never - good luck!

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice and links guys ill check them out. I asked because i thought AW's were unprotected and didnt really know if thats good or bad. Ill have a look at the links. Cheers!

AVF Regular
    i use AW imr batteries in my nemesis (real one ).
    if you know a bit about batteries and safety they are fine. safer chemistry than some unprotected batts and 99% of people use them or efest imr batts in mechs.

AVF Regular
    A lot of people say you should use protected batteries, I've been using mech mods for around 1yr now and never used a protected battery, Never had an issue at all.
    Also I've had lots of different batteries and this is the best one hands down Steam-e-cigs | Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery that I've used. It last around 1.5 days of heavy vaping, excellent amp output. Just a very good battery. oh ya you can get them at fasttech also.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    If you are going to use unprotected battery's, stick to Imr's. The only thing you have to remember is if you have a short even with an Imr battery's it will heat up real quick. I would recommend if you want to use protected lithium battery's in a mech mod get the ones without the nipple. Most mech mods are designed to take Imr.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.