Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Thinking of getting a couple of these for practising on.

Question Thinking of getting a couple of these for practising on.

I've been making coils for drippers for a little while now, and they are working out really well, I've been wicking with cotton and silicon wicks, and have re-wicked a couple of old coil heads for vivi novas and evods. I want to try rebuildable tanks, and thought these might be good ones to practice on, before I buy some quality gear. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1413900 , they look easy, and if I destroy it in the attempt, I haven't dropped a lot of money.

Any thoughts?
    harry89 likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Actually not a bad Genesis style atty, I have one setup with stainless wire wick and it does a good job, It has a glass tank as well, so no issues with different juices.
    Overall good for the money, and good to practice with, go for it
    spud likes this.

I too have one, works well--just make sure you don't get fobbed off with the plastic tank as I did--make em check, they had heaps go out with plastic tanks
    davee and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I'd get this one for a first tank.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...e-atomizer-2-5

has a insulated wick hole which will reduce instances of shorts, has a spring loaded positive pin for easier attachment of the coil, I've seen people turn it into an bottom fed auto dripper with cotton and microcoil.

Also the bottom of the tank, which is polypropylene unfortunately, is not metal which also protects you from shorts.

all round good for beginner genny style atty.
    davee and spud like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    I'd get this one for a first tank.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...e-atomizer-2-5
    has a insulated wick hole which will reduce instances of shorts, has a spring loaded positive pin for easier attachment of the coil, I've seen people turn it into an bottom fed auto dripper with cotton and microcoil.
    Also the bottom of the tank, which is polypropylene unfortunately, is not metal which also protects you from shorts.
    all round good for beginner genny style atty.
    Good advice. Small outlay, and with practice you can get a pretty damn good vape out of these.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Can't go wrong with the RSST, but I'd get it locally, fasttech are ridiculously slow.
    Saxien, davee, spud and 1 others like this.

spud...the one you linked to and also the one samtron linked to are my favourites (so far ) I suggest one of each...
    if you want to try them with ss mesh I think I can spare some
    I think for the I Atty if you buy the set one you get glass..the cheaper one on its own is plastic...( think )
    spud likes this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

I, personally, would opt for the RSST for a first gennie over the I-Atty, seems like it's an easier setup with the RSST not having that drip well kind of thing, seems like it's more trouble than it should be to capture the negative wire in the I-Atty.

Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    spud...the one you linked to and also the one samtron linked to are my favourites (so far ) I suggest one of each...
    if you want to try them with ss mesh I think I can spare some
    I think for the I Atty if you buy the set one you get glass..the cheaper one on its own is plastic...( think )
    Thanks Olfella, if I order from fasttech I'll have plenty of time to get some mesh , where do you buy your mesh from? I can practice just rolling the mesh wicks, and such before the atty arrives. Yep definitely gonna make sure I get the glass one. Eventually I'll go for something a bit more expensive that will probably last longer, but don't want to destroy an expensive one practising.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    I, personally, would opt for the RSST for a first gennie over the I-Atty, seems like it's an easier setup with the RSST not having that drip well kind of thing, seems like it's more trouble than it should be to capture the negative wire in the I-Atty.
    Could you link to one you think would be suitable Meeuwsy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast