Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Provari are they worth buying

AVF Regular

Provari are they worth buying

Afternoon folks I've managed to put a few shekels away lately and I'm now thinking about buying myself a new vape device to add to my ever growing collection of 2. Now I've been thinking about the provari and I was just wondering if they are really worth the money. Are they sturdy,are they tough as,what is the battery life like,are they reliable.

AVF Regular
    I have a provari mini here with an ebaron pro dripped on top these things are built to last and it's never more then arm length away

Top device well built, solid.

Some people complain about the price but this is one device that will last years and don't mind paying for that

AVF Regular
    Nah don't waste your money.
    Nah just taking the piss they are suppose to be pretty reliable.
    I just dont do VV or VW these days.

Battery life depends on your batteries!

I have a mini, with the extension cap for 18490's, I never really use it in 18350 mode, cos i feel that 18350s dont last me long enough in any device.

Are the tough ? Hells yeah.

Are they well built - Some would say the best (threads like butter!)

Are they reliable ? most reliable VV mod I have owned.

Do they look great ? I believe so, yes.

I have gone through a couple VAMO's in a year, and I have heard of people having the same Provari without any repairs needed for years, so for a long lasting, good looking, sturdy, resilient device, Provai is the go.

There are always going to be people that say they arent worth the money, they probably have not owned one.

Money comes and goes, if you like nice things, treat yourself to the best, regardless of cost.

AVF Regular
    [fs][fnq] ]provari mini plus hippo and twins
    One up for sale here if you are interested

AVF Regular
    hi coffee - i been asking the same question so then i thought ill buy a mvp2 for 50$ while i decide - steam cigs in nsw have just started selling provaris too btw - for me it was 50$ vs 250$ if you take into account all the accessories/batteries etc you have to get for provari

that's a huge difference and as far as i can tell until i need more clean raw power out of the circuit im fine with the mvp2

id rather spend the $200 difference on juice for now - but that's just newbie me
    Last edited by avtek; 20-10-13 at 03:44 PM.

AVF Regular
    Yep i think they're worth it. Tough, sturdy and reliable. A lot of others will break down in some way or another (threads, buttons etc). Provaris tend to last a long time due to their superior build quality.

Standard with 18490 battery last me a day.
    Standard with end cap 18650 battery lasts me 3 days.
    Mini - less than a day.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure anymore. Up until a few months ago I would have said most definitely, they just work flawlessly and you can treat them like crap and they'll just take it. But with the incoming tide of new DNA20 devices in the same price range it makes it hard to say.

On paper the DNA20 should have an easy victory since it can run sub-ohms, has more power, far more options etc. However there are some issues like no reverse polarity protection (you put the battery in upside down and the DNA will allow it to fire until the board overheats, potentially destroying it), plus it's only as sturdy as the device it's put in. You buy a provari and you know it's going to work, you know it's solid and the majority of people who own them are very happy with them.

If you can wait there are lots of DNA devices just coming out, in 3-6 months time we will know where they stand, Provape might also update the provari to compete. Having said that I just bought my partner a second hand provari, I know they work, I know it will meet all his needs and I know that he's going to need to go to a lot of effort to break it.

Take a look at the Reo Grand from Reosmods.

Provaris are lovely, but at the end of the day (in my humble opinion) they're just a battery holder.

There is a better way (again, in my opinion..)

Good luck with your shekels :-)
    j.

AVF Regular
    in all seriousness get an orion 2.1 if you must have VV or VW get a orion 3. Best mods ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast