AVF Regular

what goin on with my protank coils???!!!

alright guys ive been building protank coils now for about 3 months without any issue wat so ever. but now ive just redid 4 coil heads and am getting burnt rubber taste! i make the coil aqttach to device drop some liquid on coil and fire away and now all of a sudden the strands leading down to the pins are glowing!! even when theres juice on wick i cant understand why ??? i need help can anyone tell my wtf im doin wrong

Have the rubber insulator burnt? I rebuild the same coils and find those rubber gromets get burn marks in them and you cant get the taste out.
    I found when they are new you can really dry burn the buggery out of them but after awhile anything over light pulsing they perish fairly quickly.
    Last edited by McVapen; 20-10-13 at 08:10 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by McVapen View Post
    Have the rubber insulator burnt? I rebuild the same coils and find those rubber gromets get burn marks in them and you cant get the taste out.
    I found when they are new you can really dry burn the buggery out of them but after awhile anything over light pulsing they perish fairly quickly.
    ok with 2 of the heads they are 2 months old but i tried on a new fresh evod head and got the same thing im having a bad vape day .

Have you been pulsing the fresh coils after you build them to get them glowing evenly? Maybe a short or something.
    If the lead wire to the coil is glowing that ill be burning the rubber insulator for sure.
    Are you using a device that gives you an ohm reading.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by McVapen View Post
    Have you been pulsing the fresh coils after you build them to get them glowing evenly? Maybe a short or something.
    If the lead wire to the coil is glowing that ill be burning the rubber insulator for sure.
    Are you using a device that gives you an ohm reading.
    yeah the ohms are good like i said no shorts its weird

That does sound pretty weird vaporizer.. can't say i've had that happen to myself and i've been rebuilding non stop trying to get the perfect coil. Burnt rubber taste would indicate a burnt insulator. I found personally that after completing the build, the positive and negative were ever so slightly poking out beneath the insulator causing a burnt taste. Maybe post of picture if you could of what your coils doing?