Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aspire BDC Rebuild 1st try

Aspire BDC Rebuild 1st try

Hey Guys & Gals,

This is my first attempt of a video and rebuilding attempt of the new Aspire BDC clearomisers.

Please forgive the aspect I was using an iPad and had it propped up so you could see it. Subsequently I forgot about the aspect. I didn't want to do it again. I will at some point but not today.

So just to prove it is possible to rebuild the dual coil clearos, all with a bit of effort. Like most things, after a couple of times I reckon it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

The video is 18 mins long, with botched up comments and cuts. Sorry

Enjoy!

Just a heads up, I would learn where the fast forward is before watching.

Last edited by Opdeemist; 21-10-13 at 08:34 PM.
    essiemessy and Nakor like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh my dear.
    [boggled]

When rational thought resumes, I hope I remember this and come back with a sensible comment.
    Why oh why did I watch this on the same evening as I got my very own VRD from Vreidisgod.

*retired hurt with head pain.
    Opdeemist likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm overwhelmed with anticipation at seeing video of the gruffy vs vrda deathmatch.
    Gresh11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Oh my dear.
    [boggled]

When rational thought resumes, I hope I remember this and come back with a sensible comment.
    Why oh why did I watch this on the same evening as I got my very own VRD from Vreidisgod.

*retired hurt with head pain.
    I have no idea Mr G,

I have no idea why I watched it when I did the crappy video. I guess next time I'll have clearer idea of what to not do.....

Just wanted to see if it was do able, know we know.
    MrGruffy likes this.

I might do a better one tomorrow

AVF Regular
    Hahaha you're a nutcase opde!
    Opdeemist likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    OMG I couldn't see what you were doing half the time coz the camera shot was showing a nice bit of vaper towel & the action was happening off camera LOL

I think what would work best for rebuilding these is a micro-coil with Ekowool & instead of using dual coils use a single coil, that should make the whole process much easier.
    At least that's what I'll be attempting.

Also did you just put plastic sheathing over resistance wire?
    Even if that isn't near the coil it's resistance wire, it will get heated & the plastic fumes will be coming through the vape, you may not notice them but it will be happening & I think over time you would see that sheathing changing color as proof of this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    Hahaha you're a nutcase opde!
    I don't disagree KingSr, but boredom went along way today too, buddy
    kingsr likes this.

AVF Regular
    I was actually thinking that someone would do a microcoil with cotton in one of these, and someone will probably do mesh as well. Should prove interesting to see the crazy builds that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    OMG I couldn't see what you were doing half the time coz the camera shot was showing a nice bit of vaper towel & the action was happening off camera LOL

I think what would work best for rebuilding these is a micro-coil with Ekowool & instead of using dual coils use a single coil, that should make the whole process much easier.
    At least that's what I'll be attempting.

Also did you just put plastic sheathing over resistance wire?
    Even if that isn't near the coil it's resistance wire, it will get heated & the plastic fumes will be coming through the vape, you may not notice them but it will be happening & I think over time you would see that sheathing changing color as proof of this.
    Noe, isn't the dual coil the whole supposed difference between these and an EVOD or any other BCC? Why would you want to pay more for this without having dual coils?

I guess I never thought about that, the plastic sheath over resistant wire Duh......! I think Da King said it best. Nut job lol

It such a small area to work with Im not sure if the twist method would work if you wanted to join. If you were really serious about rebuilding these you would have to invest in a zapper/joiner.

But my self, I just wanted to see if it could be done. More to the point, just wanted to see if it could be done by me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast