Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Evod BCC gurgling and leak fix

Lightbulb Evod BCC gurgling and leak fix

I am unsure if this has been posted recently or not but I thought I'd share my exeperience as a new vapor.

A bit of background first...

It was suggested to me by a friend that to start off with I simply go for the Ego battery with the stardust style clearomiser. I was on the verge of finally deciding that is the way to go but then came across the KangerTech EVOD BCC kit that came with two kanger batteries, two evod bcc clearomiser, 5 spare coils and charging cable (HG were kind enough to throw in the au plug for me), I also got some juices (dekang and henseng).
    Anyway...

2 days in of vaping contently (my wife and I) my wife complained about the 'vaping thing' gurgling and tasting yuk.... Sure enough after trying it I found that the juice was leaking into the mouth piece and a gurgling sound was clearly heard....
    I cleaned it all out and tied it again... no issues for about 15 minutes, till it happened again. I thought maybe the head was faulty, so I used one of the spare heads.... worked a treat... for a day. I found this super odd and did some research, turns out the silicone cover in the head is a hair to short in some of the heads, thus causing the juice to leak into the mouthpiece.

THE FIX - It's really simple but super effective. Basically I watched the video (see below). You simply take a second silicone cover, flip it over and push it against the silicone cover already installed. It makes a tighter seal and is really effective.
    You may have to work a littler harder in regards to drawing the vape but it's a very minor compared to tasting juice and constantly cleaning it up.
    Hopefully this was helpful, especially from a newbies POV ... now watch the video

margyb, Fatman, Opdeemist and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    You must be using really thin liquid, sounds like you've come up with a good fix. I'm usually the opposite, taking out wicks and flipping the silicone cover to get more juice to the coil.
    Wolfman likes this.
    Just get an EPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You must be using really thin liquid, sounds like you've come up with a good fix. I'm usually the opposite, taking out wicks and flipping the silicone cover to get more juice to the coil.
    I thought the same... i also tried the flipping caps etc as well but didn't help.
    The juice I am using atm is the dekang PG pina colada and henseng candy floss PG as well...

AVF Regular
    thanks for the vid wolfman - gonna give that a whirl in one of my evods for thinner juice - re the dekangs i found that most of their fruit jucies are very very thin with little vapor and often too much flavour - best to order them stong nic and dilute them with some vg to taste

AVF Regular
    yeah, the higher the pg content of juice, the thinner it will be and the less vapour will be produced. next time you order juice, you might consider one that you can choose to have maybe 70%pg and 30%vg. the juice will be thicker, so there shouldn't be the gurgling/flooding problems and you will get thicker plumes of vapour as well. unless of course you really like the high pg juice (you'll certainly get more throat hit from it), then you've found your perfect fix

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    yeah, the higher the pg content of juice, the thinner it will be and the less vapour will be produced. next time you order juice, you might consider one that you can choose to have maybe 70%pg and 30%vg. the juice will be thicker, so there shouldn't be the gurgling/flooding problems and you will get thicker plumes of vapour as well. unless of course you really like the high pg juice (you'll certainly get more throat hit from it), then you've found your perfect fix
    The juice in looking at from darkest day is the 70/30 blend, so I'm keen to get my hands on that.
    The gurgling and leak appears to be a common issue with the evods after doing a fair amount of research.
    Kangertech just need to thicken the silicone cap so this issue can be eradicated....
    Either way, I am stoked with it..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    jen and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I guess that's the problem with vaping gear, we all like different things, if Kanger reduced the juice flow on the evod I'd be cranky. The good thing is there are easy fixes for just about any thickness of juice.
    Just get an EPM.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    I pretty much find that all the kanger bottom coils are a hit and miss, they work great out of the box without any moding e.g removing wicks e.t.c if your using an 80/20 mix PG/VG but i find anything over that you just run into problems unless you remove a wick or two. Even 70/30 you can get away with but moving up to higher VG ratios just gives a inconsistent vape. Dry hits after every 2-3 drags.

Doc
    AVF Regular
    Wolfman likes this.
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

AVF Regular
    wolfman ur a champ - this is a great fast fix - i just did it then to an evod that i have been using for a while and it was needing a clean-out and a soak - but i put in the extra seal like the vid and settled everything down - longer draws needed but good vapour again - im thrilled at what a quick fix this is for when you havent got the time to do a proper clean or soak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast