Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Igo-L Coiling Help Needed.

AVF Regular

Igo-L Coiling Help Needed.

Hi ya'll,
    Just started coiling and have built a coil for my new Igo-L dripper. I used 33awg wire and doubled over the wick when wrapping. The coil came out at 2.2ohms which is where i wanted it so i could use it on the Provari. The trouble is the im getting only a medium amount of vapour and flavour but the throat hit is a little harsh im vaping it at 3.7v so its getting the charge i can feel it in the throat hit but its a cold vape. How can it be a harsh th with not much vapour? I did six wraps on the coil and i checked it to make sure it is evenly spaced. Any of you guys with experience have an idea to fix this? Is it the coil or should i be using a mech for rebuildables? Is the Igo-L a cold vape? When i use my dripping atty its warm.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hi ya'll,
    Just started coiling and have built a coil for my new Igo-L dripper. I used 33awg wire and doubled over the wick when wrapping. The coil came out at 2.2ohms which is where i wanted it so i could use it on the Provari. The trouble is the im getting only a medium amount of vapour and flavour but the throat hit is a little harsh im vaping it at 3.7v so its getting the charge i can feel it in the throat hit but its a cold vape. How can it be a harsh th with not much vapour? I did six wraps on the coil and i checked it to make sure it is evenly spaced. Any of you guys with experience have an idea to fix this? Is it the coil or should i be using a mech for rebuildables? Is the Igo-L a cold vape? When i use my dripping atty its warm.
    Your sweet using the provari with the igo-l.
    You have the airhole lined up infront of the coil yeah?
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Yea, its lined up. I shouldnt use the Provari?

AVF Regular
    Nah the provari is fine so long as the Ohms are above 1.3(?). At 3.7 volts your definatly not running too many volts. I normally add 2 volts to what the ohms are. So in your case is be up around 4.1 ish.
    I'm thinking there's possibly a hotspot in your coil.

AVF Regular
    Hate to be a broken record on this forum about micro coils, but have you tried them? There piss easy and give great flavor and vapor.
    Micro coils
    Just need to make all the coils touching by squeezing them together when hot. With 33g kanthal you will do around 7 wraps around something no bigger than 2mm.
    Then just put some 100% cotton through the coil and vape away. No hotspots etc to worry about.
    steve.c and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    teeny tiny hole in the igo-l will also contribute, i found this with mine.
    steve.c likes this.

My igo-l's are at the post office... I saw P Busardos (?) review of them and he said it was a cooler vape.

I'm wondering if you can use your provari to measure the ohms in the coil? Will be my first rba.

*Edit - read the micro-coil tutorial and now I know I can use the provari (bought second hand). Thanks.
    Last edited by timmah; 28-10-13 at 08:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    It sounds like it not getting air flo over the coil.you may have to bend the legs down so your coil is closer to the deck as the air hole is pretty low
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    Lining up the IGO-L air hole to the coil can be a bit tricky at first due to the post location. You want the air hole to be about 30 degrees off from forming a straight line with the coil. I.e. 60 degrees from forming a right angle with the coil.

Here's a picture:

Position the air hole where the needle tip is, this way you ensure that the whole coil is in the air flow direction. A properly positioned air hole makes a world of difference.
    Also, make sure that none of the loose wick is covering the coil or air hole. If it's touching the coil it will inhibit the vapour production and naturally, if the air hole's blocked, you won't get much out of it.

There's a few more things you may want to consider such as drilling the air hole out and using a lower gauge wire.
    I have mine drilled out to 1mm instead of the stock 0.8mm it's still a nice tight draw with a warm, flavourful vapour.
    I like to use 30awg in my drippers but everyone's different.
    Toddosh and steve.c like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by timmah View Post
    I'm wondering if you can use your provari to measure the ohms in the coil? Will be my first rba.
    Yes you can use the provari to measure resistance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast