Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meeuwsy

Thread: 28G vs 30G kanthal in Micro coils

AVF Regular

28G vs 30G kanthal in Micro coils

Hey guys and gals!

Just wondering peoples thoughts on 28Gvs 30G in micro coils.

I been using 30G and 28G in my builds and i find that at the same watts 30G is heating up and giving a more satisfying vape (using in an ERA and Reo with a kick at 9-10watts)

I been trying to like 28G as its a lot easier to work with but the vape (TH, flavor and vapor) is a little lacking compared to the 30G. Both are A-1. Its doing my head in. 28G is lower ohms on the same wraps (10 wraps) but for some reason, it seems a lot cooler. At the moment though i have deviated i am using an 8 wrap on 30G and its doing well (2.0ohm, 28G was giving me 1.6ohm on 10 wraps)

I keep going back to 30G. I am wrapping it on a 2cm drill bit (radius off eye balling looks to be about 2.5mm)

Just anyones thoughts and experience/expertise would be awesome.

Am i right in assuming that due to the thicker wire it is taking a longer time to heat up the actual coils? opposed to the thinner wire which therefore is giving a cooler vape? I would have thought the ohms and watts would have evened this out. Anyway....help on this matter would be great!

Cheers

MMM
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 30-10-13 at 04:03 AM.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Shouldnt it be higher ohms on the same amount of wraps ?

AVF Regular
    you're right Steve, typo, meant to be 28G lol

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

1.6 ohms on a 28g micro coil?

Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    1.6 ohms on a 28g micro coil?
    Possibly 18 wraps?

AVF Regular
    8 wraps on a 2mm drill bit for me comes to 1.2ohm,maybe your not getting proper contact and warm to hot Vape comming from it in a cyclone

There's more metal to heat up on the 28 gauge so it takes a longer time to catch up to the 30 gauge so less juice vaporised so less TH and cooler I guess.
    Michael-Mikey-Mike likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah 1.6 ohm on 28G and 1.8 ohm on 30G

I think maybe you're using a 3ml drill bit or something to wrap your coils. Try 8 wraps on a 2ml or maybe even smaller drill bit.