Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: how are yall basing your purchases on mech mods now?

AVF Regular

how are yall basing your purchases on mech mods now?

when i first got into mech mods about 9-10 months ago there was very few out there, so there was still some room for being unique, eg the pins used, the way it is put together, materials, etc. now without seeming snide they are all the same, only thing that differs is engravings. theres nothing new. on what grounds do yall purchase more? im speaking about non-telescopic (or maybe telescopic as well) mods. i cant justify it anymore. even when i have the money and would like to buy one i just dont see the point.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    We do seem to forget , that in reality , they are just shiny battery holders dont we ?
    davee and DanGibson like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    You are right there are only so many variations you can do to a tube. I own 7 mech mods atm. I go for looks mostly. There are 2 other mods I want to have then I am done. The only purchase I have made and regret is the Bagua 22 Ti. Was way overpriced imo and it was a mistake for me to buy it. So when I have my Ela and another Pisces T (Waiting on ya ben ) I am done on the tubes and will probably only buy atomizers after that. That said I know I am weak willed and the lure of some nice hybrid would probably tempt me to buy again.

AVF Regular
    i mainly just target them for how hard they hit now, in a more technical term, better 510 connection material (silver plated/copper), and brass/copper bodies. Other then that, just whether it will fit the atty i intend to put it on. Thats about it.

AVF Regular
    Performance, design, price and ease of purchase. The chasing, f5 & list thing could be fun but cbf at the moment.
    Last edited by unik; 31-10-13 at 04:51 PM.

AVF Regular
    A kick arse tank rba hybread would be awsome and worth chasing,

AVF Regular
    I have moved on to genuine one from clone couple of weeks ago so I will be chasing for few more I guess. Mainly targeting hard hit mod like silver/copper pin with telescopic design. I also start to invest on genuine atty and dripping (Atomic is next target). I have 1 SVD and in the process of getting VTR as well. As there isn't new innovation in vv/vw I think I am done after VTR.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    to be frankly honest, ive tried them all, silver plated, brass plated, this that plated, and the difference is minute in the long term. and looks like everyones using atleast brass nowdays, so its still pretty decent conductivity.

I see, I like I buy....but must admit,getting a bit over it all...
    Will wait till I receive my Paps's and think I will only be going after some new atties after that...
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    on what grounds do yall purchase more?
    Quality Jim-Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast