Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Battery question from new vaper

Battery question from new vaper

I have ordered both a vamo v2 and an innokin itaste svd, but am a little confused about which batteries I need. From searching the forums I get the impression I need imr 18650s that are unprotected. But I'm not sure. Also not sure if I need ones that have the bump on top or not. There's a lot of info here and on the web but I having trouble nailing down exactly what I need.

Also does it matter what coils I use? At the moment I generally use 1.8 ohm in a t3s and protank, but do I need to go higher?

Would really appreciate a little advice, or even a nudge toward a relevant thread...thanks

I have both of those and use Panasonic NCR18650PD (2600mah flat tops) and NCR 18650B (3400mah button tops) both are unprotected and fit both units which already have protection circuits built in, any coils will be fine-just adjust your device to suit
    kritikal, Rylee74, Fatman and 1 others like this.

Great, thanks saxien, exactly the info I need. Appreciate you taking the time.

Panasonic NCR are the HYBRIDs new gen batts. Meant to be safer chem than IMR. IMR are unprotected but "safe chem" as they say. The protected are from the older style chem that i wouldnt use personally. Any AW, Efest & Panasonic stated above will do it, Ive got all three types and an SVD and I prefer the Pannies then AW then Efest IMO.
    Saxien and TheOtherBruce like this.

Thanks duke, sounds like the panasonics are the way to go then.
    duke55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by duke55 View Post
    Panasonic NCR are the HYBRIDs new gen batts. Meant to be safer chem than IMR. IMR are unprotected but "safe chem" as they say. The protected are from the older style chem that i wouldnt use personally. Any AW, Efest & Panasonic stated above will do it, Ive got all three types and an SVD and I prefer the Pannies then AW then Efest IMO.
    I think an expert member here (Supersports 600?) has reviews and opinions on these batteries on his Ebay website, hope he comments
    TheOtherBruce likes this.

Also, sorry just read the rest, 1.8 to 2.4 or 3 ect are all find, you'll just have to play with the vv/vw to hit the sweet spot, and it differs per juice. When you start going down from 1.5 to 1 to sub, then theres a lot more reading involved. Google "ohms law calculator", its a good start for volts ohms etc...

Keep on vaping!!!!

I've done bit of reading on watts and voltage, and also had a look at the ohms law chart - lot of info there indeed. I guess as long as I have the right hardware to start with(again thanks for the tips) it will be a matter of finding the setup that gives me the vape I like.

Spot on, I think ive read that much in the last few months my eyes have gone crosseye'd. Sax is right and theres a list floating around on one of the forums that have actual battery types and the product codes to use from tried and true vapers etc, Its were I started. Not a bad list if you can find it, just not sure if I can post a link to another large forum??

AVF Regular
    IMR battery is generally recommended. The brand like AW or eFest are good IMR batteries. It doesn't matter if it is a nipple top or flat top as both can run on your vv/vw device. I am unsure the technical differences but in general is just the matter of battery length and connectivity --> if you put 2 flat top together obviously won't connect in some cases. For vv/vw you should use unprotected or IMR one as the device itself already comes with short/reverse protection. If you use protected battery in these devices I think they won't work properly.

I use Panasonic unprotected NCR one as well as Sanyo UF18500FK. Both of your device works fine on 18650, 18500 and 18350. China brand Trust Fire/Ultra Fire are generally not recommended. Not they will explode or anything, just performance wise not as good. Do not stack your batteries as it will double the voltage.

It won't matter about your coil ohm but I think vamo cannot go lower than 1.3 ohm (I use SVD so I assume vamo has the same chip setup).

From experience of using SVD, I generally use 18500 Sanyo as it get me through a day. 18350 makes my device looks nicer but I need to carry a spare battery. 18650 has good battery life but is just to long to hold in my hand. I think you can decide what configuration you want to go for.

Happy Vaping.
    TheOtherBruce and Altered1 like this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast