Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dry burning Aspire BDC coils?

Dry burning Aspire BDC coils?

Anyone attempted this yet? I tried to do a few this evening after rinsing and boiling for a couple of minutes last night, then air drying for 24 hrs. Same process I've used successfully with my Evod coils.

I'm not getting any smoke coming off the coil(s) when pulse-firing the battery, and the coil that's visible through the top of the atty is still black and gunked up.

Any thoughts?

AVF Regular

Dry burning Aspire BDC coils?

throw it in the bin use a new one

Why are you pulse firing it? Give it a good hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    Why are you pulse firing it? Give it a good hit.
    Yep, tried that too...

Could still have some water in there or could the coil possibly be shorting against something? Might have moved around a bit when you boiled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Singo View Post
    Could still have some water in there or could the coil possibly be shorting against something? Might have moved around a bit when you boiled it.
    Nah, it's definitely firing - can smell it. Just not getting smoke indicating the coils are burning off the gunk. No white ash to be seen on the top coil and it stays black.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Dont know what you are using for the dry burn?? If it is an electronic mod it might be timing out? Once it starts to smoke its certainly getting hot. The only time you would need to short pulse it is when you can see the coil is glowing red.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    The cut off time for electronic mods is usualy around ten seconds. Try firing for eight seconds, let go of the button then hit it again for eight seconds. keep doing this untill the coil starts to glow, then five second bursts till all the smoke has stopped. Rinse in whiskey and dry burn to dry it out. This should flush the ash out. Maybe a poke with a tooth pick to loosen the ash before the whiskey rinse.
    rushn likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Has the top coil popped I wonder? Check the resistance of the head. If it has doubled, one of the coils has blown.
    rushn likes this.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

Ok, tried all suggestions and stuffed around with this for hours today. Killed two coils in the process.

Outcome? These feckr's are V difficult to get clean, if not impossible without stripping down (hence the two dead ones!). I just don't have the patience (nor the eyesight) to rebuild these tiny dual coil jobbies. YMMV.

Meh...I'll just use and abuse, then bin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast