Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Origen Dripper SETUPS

AVF Regular

Origen Dripper SETUPS

Hey guys, many of us would have received our drippers by now. Just wandering how everyone is going about setting theirs up. I have tried 3 different setups (Dual coil) using eko and silica, struggling to find something that can compete or even compare to my kayfun lite setup. I know these 2 are a completely different style, it just makes me wander is there any point to drippers. Anyway i am sure there is, and i am sure someone will (hopefully) enlighten me on it. I am yet to try a micro-coil setup with a cotton, is this the way to go?? Thanks for any help - and pictures if possible.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    lol captain im in EXACTLY the same spot as you. i was using a trident before my kaylite came in, now it was kaylite all the way, and ive been excited about the origen dripper, but setting it up is a pain in the ass. especially for micro coil. the vertical coil setup is perfect for genesis but its impossible for micro coils. i managed to get a few setups running but flavour is muted and wicking isnt that great from teh wells. i tried silica, and i forgot how much i hate the taste of silica wicks. thats why im trading my origen dripper, most likely for a russian 91. other members have said micro coils with cotton is the way to go, but holy shit its fiddly as pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple. even if you get the perfect coil put in there and coiled down, putting cotton through it moves the coil around, and the height is a problem as well, because of the distance from centre post to positive post you have one leg stretching quite far. the higher you go closer to positive the harder the wicking, the lower you go the hot leg to the top tends to get hotspotted.

on that note, im bored now, im going to have a play. learn to love this thing if possible.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    lol captain im in EXACTLY the same spot as you. i was using a trident before my kaylite came in, now it was kaylite all the way, and ive been excited about the origen dripper, but setting it up is a pain in the ass. especially for micro coil. the vertical coil setup is perfect for genesis but its impossible for micro coils. i managed to get a few setups running but flavour is muted and wicking isnt that great from teh wells. i tried silica, and i forgot how much i hate the taste of silica wicks. thats why im trading my origen dripper, most likely for a russian 91. other members have said micro coils with cotton is the way to go, but holy shit its fiddly as pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple. even if you get the perfect coil put in there and coiled down, putting cotton through it moves the coil around, and the height is a problem as well, because of the distance from centre post to positive post you have one leg stretching quite far. the higher you go closer to positive the harder the wicking, the lower you go the hot leg to the top tends to get hotspotted.

on that note, im bored now, im going to have a play. learn to love this thing if possible.
    Thank you for noting all that down for me. I too am going to put a fair bit of time into this one. Other people on other forums have sworn by this dripper so there must be something good going for it. I love the build quality of it, and the 3 different air intakes have made the setups i have made adapt more suitably to my tastes. Like i said though, what is the point when there is something "better" close at hand. Please let me know if you make any more ground on it Bronco and i will post any setups that work for me. Been using 32 gauge at the moment, as 28 gauge (my first setup) just burned the juice. I could however try a few more wraps on it. Also there is always a single coil to try as well.

AVF Regular
    right now i have a single wick with twisted 28, coming out at 0.8ohms, i think i need to dual coil it.alot better than before, but still not up to my standards

AVF Regular
    Right now i have dual coil 7 wraps 32 gauge. Came to about 1.1 ohms - It was pretty good on a provari punching out a regular 4volts, but i prefer a shorter device for out of the house so generally rock out my roller, which did not handle this setup too well. I took it back to 6 wraps (about 1 ohm, or so stated the provari), but still did not work well. This was with silica, as i had tried eko and thought i would give something else a go. Will head back to the 28 gauge dual coil and just try 8 wraps or so with eko. Will also give cotton a go on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    members have said micro coils with cotton is the way to go, but holy shit its fiddly as pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple. even if you get the perfect coil put in there and coiled down, putting cotton through it moves the coil around.

I've read somewhere that if you're planning to do a micro in an Origen, yarn is preferred over cotton, hook the yarn on a piece of kanthal and slip the kanthal through the coil and pull on the kanthal from one end and the yarn from the other end and it'll tighten the yarn and thin it down a bit so it's easier to slip through the coil.

I don't have an Origen to check it out but from my experience from using Bamboozle (70%bamboo 30%cotton blend yarn from Lincraft) 1 strand will fit in a 1mm coil perfect, 2 strands into a 2mm coil and so on.
    Captain likes this.

I'm currently running a dual coil, 3/3 wrap on cotton hemp.

Flavour, TH and vapour = amazing
    Captain likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgeball View Post
    I'm currently running a dual coil, 3/3 wrap on cotton hemp.

Flavour, TH and vapour = amazing
    so no micro coil?

Nope.. just straight up 3/3 on a 3 stacked cotton hemp wick for me

AVF Regular
    ok, just resetup mine what i did was i took 1 strand of 2mm silica, wrapped cotton around it where the coil would go, did 3/3 wrap on each side. havent measured ohms but im guessing its very low. cannot vape my usual 10mg liquid, its too fucking strong, but the vaper and throat hit is mind boggling. holy shit! flavour will take awhile but its definitely good. even with full airflow its still brilliant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast