Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Which 18650 Battery?

Which 18650 Battery?

Hi all,

Just ordered my first VV/VM mod, a Smoktech SID from Health Cabin, and didn't buy batteries as DHL don't deliver. So I have been cruising around the Aussie websites for batteries, and have found very little. All I know is I need an 18650 size, and that I should get quick draining and protection. So the only ones I can find in stock are:

18650 AW IMR 2000mAh - AW IMR 18650 2000mAh | Vapebar
    Efest 18650 3100mAh Protected battery - Efest 18650 3100mah Protected Li-Ion
    AW 18650 3.7v 3100mAh Battery - EcigModShop Australia - AW 18650 3.7v 3100mAh Battery
    Panasonic NCR18650B Battery 3400mAh (Protected) - Panasonic NCR18650B Battery 3400mAh (Protected) - Ecig-SA.com

I would prefer to get the Panasonic from ecig, as I can also get a reasonably priced charger from that site as well (TR-001) but cannot find much information on the Panasonic, as most info is on AW/Efest batteries.

Are the Panasonic more than capable and relatively safe to use in a mod? And if anybody knows, how does it compare to the AW and Efest batteries?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Hi dfgdfg

A member here put me onto vapeking where I got mine (got my charger there too) imo they are great and the charger is too.

I am sure someone with more exp will be here soon to offer more advice/guidence

hope this helped

AVF Regular
    Hi dfgdfg,

Take a look here supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!

supersports600 is a member on here and is a great bloke to deal with. View Profile: supersports600 - AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community He will give you good advice on which battery to buy.
    GirlyPantz, margyb and dfgdfg like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular

Which 18650 Battery?

^^^^^^ Do that
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Would also recommend a charging bag. Simple added level of protection. Also good for storing your charger and spare batts when not in use.

Got my 3100's, LUC charger and charging bag from vapeking.

Suits my needs just fine. Everything in one place. Cheap enough and quick/great cust service.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dfgdfg View Post
    Hi all,

Just ordered my first VV/VM mod, a Smoktech SID from Health Cabin, and didn't buy batteries as DHL don't deliver. So I have been cruising around the Aussie websites for batteries, and have found very little. All I know is I need an 18650 size, and that I should get quick draining and protection. So the only ones I can find in stock are:

18650 AW IMR 2000mAh - AW IMR 18650 2000mAh | Vapebar
    Efest 18650 3100mAh Protected battery - Efest 18650 3100mah Protected Li-Ion
    AW 18650 3.7v 3100mAh Battery - EcigModShop Australia - AW 18650 3.7v 3100mAh Battery
    Panasonic NCR18650B Battery 3400mAh (Protected) - Panasonic NCR18650B Battery 3400mAh (Protected) - Ecig-SA.com

I would prefer to get the Panasonic from ecig, as I can also get a reasonably priced charger from that site as well (TR-001) but cannot find much information on the Panasonic, as most info is on AW/Efest batteries.

Are the Panasonic more than capable and relatively safe to use in a mod? And if anybody knows, how does it compare to the AW and Efest batteries?

Thanks.
    vv/vw like a sid use non-protected batteries, They have protection inside, some vv/vw won't even turn on with protected batteries. Protected batteries are usually best for mechanical mods.
    Jeff
    GirlyPantz and dfgdfg like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorxand View Post
    Would also recommend a charging bag. Simple added level of protection. Also good for storing your charger and spare batts when not in use.

Got my 3100's, LUC charger and charging bag from vapeking.

Suits my needs just fine. Everything in one place. Cheap enough and quick/great cust service.

Just got to say this

The Lipo charge bags are great but for one thing.

They were originally intended to charge battery packs. These packs charge with a charge lead that plugs into the battery pack and then into the charger. This way the charger is outside the bag with just the battery inside. I keep seeing reference to people charging 18000 series cells, and using the bags For most people this means charging, with them sat in a charger. If this is the case, putting the whole thing in a bag is bad idea, as the cooling airflow needed to keep the charger within temperature limits is non existent. We are looking at a disaster under these circumstances.

Sure if you have a vape unit that charges with a lead, ie: eGo style or box mod style, use the bag for piece of mind, but under no circumstances load the charger and cells into the bag.

I should point out, this is a personal opinion and I have no scientific evidence that my paranoia is correct!!!!
    Last edited by Robray; 04-11-13 at 06:40 AM.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, Fatman and 3 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Thanks for all the replies..

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    vv/vw like a sid use non-protected batteries, They have protection inside, some vv/vw won't even turn on with protected batteries. Protected batteries are usually best for mechanical mods.
    Jeff
    Unless I read this post I would not of looked further on the net about these items and problems others were having with protected batteries, so unprotected it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Hi dfgdfg,

Take a look here supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!

supersports600 is a member on here and is a great bloke to deal with. View Profile: supersports600 - AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community He will give you good advice on which battery to buy.
    Will definetly do, thanks for this!!
    GirlyPantz, margyb and Fatman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dfgdfg View Post
    Thanks for all the replies..

Unless I read this post I would not of looked further on the net about these items and problems others were having with protected batteries, so unprotected it is!!!

Will definetly do, thanks for this!!
    Get these for electronic VW/VV (NCR18650PD)
    2X Panasonic NCR 18650 PD 2900mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650PD High Drain Battery | eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Panaso...item41751b086b

Or,
    Get these (CGR 18650 CH)
    2X Panasonic IMR 18650 2250mAh Lithium Manganese Vaper 3 6V CGR 18650 CH Battery | eBay
    (electronic or mech to future proof) Only problem with these is the bottom isn't wrapped and if you got these in order to future proof in case of mechs in the future, you're sacrificing mAh for your SID now.

Edit: Or get these and have the bottom wrapped
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Panaso...item416fcbf267
    For an all rounder

To explain:
    First two (both NCR18650PD, just different wrappings and tips), are fine for electronic VW mods, and have 10A ratings and 2900mAh capacity)

Second two (both CGR18650CH, just different wrappings and tips) are fine for both electronic and mech mods (bit of future proofing in case you get a mech mod soon), and have 10A ratings but a lower 2250mAh capacity as the trade off for being mech compatible and different slightly safer chemicals in them - which is not required for an electronic mod)
    Last edited by coopz; 05-11-13 at 03:26 AM.
    dfgdfg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Hi dfgdfg,

I just got a pair of 18650's off Supersports600, Didn't see this post and ordered em through ebay, Cheers mate. You live pretty close to me, thought you might have hand delivered them .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast