Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Harsh throat hit on igo-L rebuild

AVF Regular

Question Harsh throat hit on igo-L rebuild

Okay, so ive been coil building my arse off after countless rebuilds high and low ohms micro and otherwise cotton wool and canthal ive got a build that works just as good well as the rest really. The reason ive been rebuilding so much is to get rid of the harsh throat hit im getting of the igo-l. At the moment ive got a 2.2ohm micro-coil build in there which works ok vapour and flavour wise but i still get the throat burn. Is this why everyone drills the hole out bigger? Will that fix the problem? I dont wanna have to discard the igo just yet. i will move on to a different tank later but i feel i should be able to get this to work. If i do have to drill it what should i drill it out to?
    Last edited by steve.c; 04-11-13 at 07:39 PM.

I have recently had the same problem with my igo-l and am yet to find a solution. I have recoiled a few times, currently using a 1.1ohm micro with cotton and the throat hit is out of this world. Not sure what is causing it, the juice is fine in my other tank so it is isolated to the igo. My first thought was the change to cotton or bad juice I mixed. It wasn't the juice so its either the coil or the cotton. I wasn't aiming for 1.1 that happened by accident... I am out of supplies so can't fix at the moment but would like to hear others thoughts!
    steve.c likes this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Hot spots?

Taste metallic?

AVF Regular
    Airflow.
    If'n your airflow isn't right over your coil it gets a TH like bruce Lee took a flying kick t your throat bits do your own (googling for proper sciencey names there).
    Try you bestest coil and rotate the hole frm not near the coil through an arc that lines up the coil and moves on.
    I'm prepared to make a small wager that you'll find a peak of vapor and flavur when the airflow is directly over the coil and th or Throat harshness as I call it is max when the airflow is no where near the coil.
    steve.c likes this.

MrG is on the mend .......... sort of !
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    C'mon that was lucid and empiricailly factually valid in my experience.
    margyb and steve.c like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    C'mon that was lucid and empiricailly factually valid in my experience.

Lucid, empirically and factually valid, but a little looney !
    MrGruffy likes this.

I think hotspot might be my problem, airflow has been perfect in the base. I opened the hole up a little when I first got it which has been fine. Hole is in the normal spot to the coil. I will wait until i get more wire and coil it up again. Its still useable just brutal!
    MrGruffy likes this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oznewbie View Post
    Hot spots?

Taste metallic?
    No metallic taste just the harshness that leaves me with a sore throat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Airflow.
    If'n your airflow isn't right over your coil it gets a TH like bruce Lee took a flying kick t your throat bits do your own (googling for proper sciencey names there).
    Try you bestest coil and rotate the hole frm not near the coil through an arc that lines up the coil and moves on.
    I'm prepared to make a small wager that you'll find a peak of vapor and flavur when the airflow is directly over the coil and th or Throat harshness as I call it is max when the airflow is no where near the coil.
    Ive got the airhole set right next to the coil. I tried moving it further away from the coil and it was worse. Ill move it around some more and see what happens. So drilling the airhole out isnt the fix then?
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Drilled the airhole to 1.5mm and instant improvement! But its still a little weird on the throat and im not prepared to drill it out antmore as its a reallt airy hit now and any bigger it would be too much. Ill try a new coil and see if that does it, if not, bye-bye igo baby. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast