Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Orbtronic SX22 Battery

Orbtronic SX22 Battery

Anyone happen to somehow receive this battery? Reading through RiP Trippers' "Juice Junkies" Facebook page a pair of the SX22 popped up and apparently they benchmark above the Sony USVTC3's and about every other high-drain battery? I can't access the Orbtronic site, I guess they don't let Australians in? Who knows. But from what I can gather, they're 2000mAh 'ultra'-high drain 22amp maximum continuous drain and 29amp maximum pulse drain. APPARENTLY there's a comparison of this battery to other batteries on the site, but like I said can't view it.

Super Moderator
    22 Amps Ultra High Drain 18650 Orbtronic SX22 battery li-ion cell

lets me in no dramas lol
    its kind of weird for me ,because I run electric R/C gear , and we look at a 1000ma cell as crap if it cant put out 20Amps lol

Things like the Turnigy nano tech series go up to 50C , so you could pull 100 Amps out of the same capacity battery as these ...

Hint for potential mod manufacturers ... if you want to OWN the sub-ohm market , start designing mods that accept Flat layered Li-poly cells that can give you the Amps you deem so important

This one would fry your lips with up to 500Amps Burst , or 250A constant just a little bigger than 2X18650 side by side ( 30mm longer)
    Spec.
    Capacity: 5000mAh
    Voltage: 1S2P / 1S Cell / 3.7V
    Discharge: 50C Constant / 100C Burst
    Weight: 148g (including wire & case)
    Dimensions: 93.2x47x18.5mm
    Balance Plug: NIL
    Discharge Plug: 4mm Bullet-connector to your own custom plug
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Oh and that battery is like $18 lol
    Robray likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    Strangely enough, I find this rather interesting. Would you have good sources for such batteries mr fatmans?

I may have to have a chat with someone.

Super Moderator
    I have an excellent source Nakors ... lol Anthony Hand at Hobbyking
    Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 1S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED) (AUS Warehouse) Aussie warehouse so local posting ..Tony's brother runs it at Moruya NSW.

All the single cell packs currently @ aussie warehouse
    Batteries & Accessories>Li-Poly (All brands)

Fast shipping ,good service but they travel by road cos our wussy airlines wont play ball

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Oh and that battery is like $18 lol
    Yeah, but the thing I find with R/C batteries is that after about 30 minutes of drifting around the battery gets quite hot, hotter than any atty I've touched, but that's firing for like 30 minutes straight, not ssure what it'd be like for 4-5 seconds at a time.
    Also like.. those batteries are HUGE, the one I have right now which is pretty standard is longer than my Nemesis-clone in 18650 + an AC9 on top and is like double the width, not really pocket friendly lol.

And damn, so you can get on the Orbtronic site? I've tried with Mozilla, Chrome, IE and Safari, no bueno.. Should probably try incognito.

Hopefully if supersports comes by he'll look into stocking these
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeuwsy View Post
    Hopefully if supersports comes by he'll look into stocking these
    Send him a PM
    View Profile: supersports600 - AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community

That's probably a good idea, or not.. But I'll do that

Super Moderator
    lol meuwsy read the spec on that particular battery 93.2x47x18.5mm twice as wide as an 18650 , 30mm longer
    and using 20-30A they would barely get above ambient temp in use .... I realise for most mods they don't suit , but thats only cos the haven't been designed around a different form factor ... something Reo Grand sized could house one of these and melt your lips off And probably your cousins lips too and he lives in 400 kays away .... the downside is if they go bad ... they go bad in a big way lol
    Meeuwsy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast