Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Advice needed re atomisers (vaper forced back to analogues)

Advice needed re atomisers (vaper forced back to analogues)

Iím after some advice from those with experience of different set ups. I vaped for 45 days, despite an increasingly sore tongue I love the whole vaping experience, new hobby & forums. But despite trying endless liquid variations I couldnít continue. Now 20days on analogues & become quite dispirited/confused and whether vaping will be possible. Iím looking at a hardware solution. Iím not yet at the stage where rebuildable dripping atomizer is feasible. I donít particularly want to have to drip because of the inconvenience, but Iím running out of alternatives.

So what I trying to find is a suitable atomizer (or similar) that has no wick or metal mesh type wick that I can use with a Vision eGo spinner. To provide the cleanest vape, one that minimises potential contaminants/irritants. At this stage I donít about volumes of vapour or flavour and have accepted that unflavoured liquid is my only option. Iím just desperate to find some way of vaping. Any suggestions are enormously appreciated.
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh @ 3.3v
    EVOD bcc 1.8ohm, Vivi Nova 2.4/2.8 ohm, Innokin510 Tidy bcc 2.5ohm
    15/20mg Unflavoured VG

AVF Regular
    Gday Jim i been using a vertical contact coil with cotton wool in a pro tank but you can use any rebuild able bottom coil clearo
    that's a pretty clean vape boil the cotton to remove contaminants dry and stuff it in around the coil
    i too vape unflavoured the coils last forever
    here is a how too not to difficult to master well worth a try in your case
    BSD's vertical hollow core Micro Coil build for ARO, Evod, and Protank heads.
    Im sure there will be someone in perth to help keep you off the stinkies there are a lot of nice people in this community
    Last edited by SUCKITIN; 06-11-13 at 03:50 PM.
    jimboperthwa likes this.

45 day is a fair effort .. dont know about the kind of atomizer you are after but and you have probably by now heard you should drink alot of water, but I wanted to say that for some like myself for example vaping can be a fair amount of effort. I have heard it said that smoking addiction is stronger for some then a heroin addiction. For me personally I know that this is true.. other wise I wouldnt have fallen off the wagon and been in the position to restock and redo things as I am now. Like any addiction the addiction for some can fight back.. giving you alot of reasons not to quit it.. for me the first time round it was the feeling physically like crap and the rl stuff that was happening. Looking back it was probably also the addiction talking and keeping me in habits that I had kept for years. The analogues are comforting and numbing.. I have heard it said over the years that for many analogues may be a form of self medication.

From your post I see you have spoken to people and you have a willpower and its this will power that you have, that will if you are not overly taking to vaping will help you get through the hurdles you are going through.. the question is do you really want to vape or quit via vaping? If the answer is the quit via vaping then like any quit plan I strongly suggest you make a plan on how you will do this and how long it will take you to do. The quit forums and info really does have some good info on how to make a plan. Weather you incorporate vaping into it or not in the end will be up to you.

Sorry I cant help you with an atty suggestion.. but I think it is amazing that you managed 45 days on the vaping.. I think too if it is you plan to somehow quit that you will no doubt manage it .. the only thing left to decide is if you really want to and then how and how much will you put up with to do it?
    jimboperthwa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboperthwa View Post
    I’m after some advice from those with experience of different set ups. I vaped for 45 days, despite an increasingly sore tongue I love the whole vaping experience, new hobby & forums. But despite trying endless liquid variations I couldn’t continue. Now 20days on analogues & become quite dispirited/confused and whether vaping will be possible. I’m looking at a hardware solution. I’m not yet at the stage where rebuildable dripping atomizer is feasible. I don’t particularly want to have to drip because of the inconvenience, but I’m running out of alternatives.

So what I trying to find is a suitable atomizer (or similar) that has no wick or metal mesh type wick that I can use with a Vision eGo spinner. To provide the cleanest vape, one that minimises potential contaminants/irritants. At this stage I don’t about volumes of vapour or flavour and have accepted that unflavoured liquid is my only option. I’m just desperate to find some way of vaping. Any suggestions are enormously appreciated.
    have you tried using a mini protank and just use the replacable heads..... the protanks are pretty good little setups and can give u a satisfying vape with little effort ie rebuilding coils micro coils etc. THEY DONT NEED NEED TO BE PLAYED AROUND WITH. just screw in a new coil head whenever you feel it needs it. quality wise they are good because the glass is press fit not glued like some of the clones. the only thing that could be a potential contaminent would be the silica wick but in all honesty i personally dont see it an issue.. not saying there is or there isnt but my personal experience with the protanks is there good clean and simple!
    kritikal, urecia and jimboperthwa like this.

AVF Regular
    If you're really keen to give mesh a go, then a Mini DID or a MiniGen would be close to the form factor you want.

Better off going to the doc and getting an allergy test done, and seeing if it's the PG/VG/nic doing it to you
    BlackDog and jimboperthwa like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the vaporizer View Post
    have you tried using a mini protank and just use the replacable heads..... the protanks are pretty good little setups and can give u a satisfying vape with little effort ie rebuilding coils micro coils etc. THEY DONT NEED NEED TO BE PLAYED AROUND WITH. just screw in a new coil head whenever you feel it needs it. quality wise they are good because the glass is press fit not glued like some of the clones. the only thing that could be a potential contaminent would be the silica wick but in all honesty i personally dont see it an issue.. not saying there is or there isnt but my personal experience with the protanks is there good clean and simple!
    totally agree. Dont muck around with rebuildables for now or trying to mess around with contact coils/dragon coils as you probably give up like you already did. Get yourself a ego twist and protank and explore different type of juices first. You have to taste the wonderful flavors of ejuice before u get addicted to shinies. Mesh wicks has a very clean taste but you will need some patience to master it properly.

Oh, another way to really quit analoques is to spend all your money on shiny mods so you are too broke to buy analogues. I mean, seriously, you'd probably spend 3-4k aud per year on analogues, which would be 200+ a month, whats buying a new shiny gonna do to your spending budget?
    jimboperthwa likes this.

AVF Regular
    unless im totally misunderstanding (maybe i am) u should just check out an evod to use with your eGo spinner - they are very simple and user friendly - buy a pack of spare coils and off you go - have you used them before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxB496Vm94
    Last edited by avtek; 06-11-13 at 04:52 PM.
    jimboperthwa likes this.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Expanding on himynameisbunny's comment:

Get 2 cheap atomizers, something like T2/T3 etc. Make sure they're the same make/model and resistance.

Fill one with pure PG (propylene glycol) known to be ok for vaping. NO nicotine, NO flavours.
    Fill one with pure VG (vegetable glycerin) known to be ok for vaping. NO nicotine, NO flavours.

Don't vape for a couple of days. Then vape the PG for a couple of days. Pause another couple of days.
    Then vape the VG for a couple of days.

That will tell you if you have a sensitivity to either PG or VG. Some people do, and you will know which to avoid.

If you get no adverse reactions, try the same test with your current atomizers after cleaning them out well.

If you get a reaction now, then it's a sensitivity to something in that atomizer.

If you still haven't had a reaction, look to your nicotine.

Which leads to the question: where did you get your nicotine, and how do you know you're vaping at "15/20mg"?
    It might say XXmg on the bottle but suppliers have been known to screw up the concentrations, sometimes
    by large margins.
    jimboperthwa and tjs-81 like this.

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. Donít know how to do that multiple reply think so:

oogy Ė Apreciate the kind words. I honestly found vaping easy, didnít miss the analogues. Re tricks of the mind re addiction, that tickled me! I work as a drug & alcohol counsellor at a rehab !! I want to quit the analogues, not quit entirely.

the vaporizer Ė yeah that got me thinking. I have x2 EVOD bcc & x2 MT bcc which I think have the same/similar rebuildable heads as the protank. They were better but still irritated my tongue. Maybe replace the silica wick with cotton, do you think thatís workableÖ?

Urecia Ė yeah, Iím happy to spend a few dollars. I spent $500 in 45 days and was still $$ahead vs analogues. Re liquids, itís a good idea & I tried that prior to giving up. Unflavoured VG was the least harsh.

Himynameisbunny: yeah had a look at the Mini Gen and correct very close to what Iím after. Just not confident on the rebuilding business, are there non-rebuildables? I def look at the rebuildables further. Also re the doc, yeah I went 30 days in. Its geographic tongue, so no known cause or solution

Avtek: tried the EVODs, they were better butÖ

Fad: yeah thatís great advice, I went through a similar process, thought it was PG initially. VG was gentler. But then had a day on 87.5/12.5 and while a little worse it wasnít too bad. Re liquid: from Health Cabin. Nic 36mg (+PG,VG) and mixed it down to 15 or 20mg. Have ordered nic from RTS, Wizard Labs & NicVape.

So then I got to the point ďthen it's sensitivity to something in that atomizerĒ and thatís where Iím at. Maybe itís the silica, I just donít know. Or even its just meÖ

What do people think about replacing the silica on the EVOD or MT with good quality cotton?
    Last edited by jimboperthwa; 06-11-13 at 11:41 PM.
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh @ 3.3v
    EVOD bcc 1.8ohm, Vivi Nova 2.4/2.8 ohm, Innokin510 Tidy bcc 2.5ohm
    15/20mg Unflavoured VG

AVF Regular
    Could it be the drip tip? I heard metal can cause irritation to some people. Also cleaning the drip tip (since it is re-used over and over again) frequently is the key to avoid contamination.
    jimboperthwa likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast