Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help, suggestions - Mech Telescopic

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Help, suggestions - Mech Telescopic

I've been looking for a mechanical telescopic, preferably with a switch that is easy to take apart. I like basic brushed stainless with no little pits for decoration *vomit*. No protruding switch.

sigelei #20, looks good but nasty to take switch apart switch. Top switch. Also the head has issues.
    sigelei #19b has issues with switch?. looks good.
    Kylin Bottom switch. I know nothing about it. Even after searching for a while. Looks ok.
    Nemesis Don't know much about it. A little concerned about different size tubes and batteries, switch.

I am leaning towards nemesis if I know the switch is good and I can take it apart. I'll probably mostly be using 18350.

also quick question about clearo (I couldn't be bothered with atomiser ATM even though I've built stuff like this before). Is there anything better than the protank 2 for a fat, pyrex clearo?

AVF Regular
    Nemesis clone from fastech is awesome. Have had the sigelei 20 (stay away) sigelei 8W is ok but nemesis hits harder and is made better. Telescopic is overated. Pain in the ass to keep unscrewing to change batts.
    Mark B and sushiaddiction like this.

Thanks. Especially for #20 info. It looks good *drool* but don't touch. Nemesis it will be.

Eventually get an RSST or AGA T. Probably the later. I like pyrex and stainless. That's why I'll buy a Davide instead of a Protank.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    I have a Nemesis and the bottom switch actually scratched off the plastic wrap on the battery and grounded on the side of battery, basically making live 24/7 pissed me off, what a waste of a good battery.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Electrical Tape Dude. Maybe you screwed in the switch too hard to cause that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    I have a Nemesis and the bottom switch actually scratched off the plastic wrap on the battery and grounded on the side of battery, basically making live 24/7 pissed me off, what a waste of a good battery.
    Jeff

I have the following mechs:
    - Nzonic V3
    - Smoktech Magneto
    - Nemesis clone

All 3 are pretty good, theoretically the Nzonic is the best of them but I'm not a big fan of bevelled edges at the business end, there's always a gap between my atty and the device. From an aesthetic perspective the Nemesis is my favourite. The switch on the Nemesis works well, but has a tendency to adjust itself over time, meaning you need to take it out and tighten the contact screw every so often (not a big deal, but still a slight annoyance).

If you're not completely hung up on telscoping, go the Nemesis, really good value for money. But if you want telscoping, and a bit of bling to go with it, the Nzonic is for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

KSD S2 Mechanical Mod. That is cheap. Thanks. I can see me buying one of these soon for when I'm going somewhere or doing something when breakage is a higher possibility than normal.
    I don't need vv/vw at the moment. Clearo (at 2.5ohms) is just too easy for me. I'm happy with the vape density. I would like to see a clearo that has brushed stainless, pyrex with a square look.

I've got some history in electronis. From a long time ago, already got a multimeter (3) and a few variable voltage power supplies. All sorts of nichrome. Easy to test with. I like a long tight cool drag with no throat hit.

I will buy the Nemesis and just be careful with battery. Good to know.

I don't like the Nzonic design.
    I was thinking about the magneto but big logo and spider. I hate spiders.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

KSD S2 Mechanical Mod. That is cheap. Thanks. I can see me buying one of these soon for when I'm going somewhere or doing something when breakage is a higher possibility than normal.
    I don't need vv/vw at the moment. Clearo (at 2.5ohms) is just too easy for me. I'm happy with the vape density. I would like to see a clearo that has brushed stainless, pyrex with a square look.

I've got some history in electronis. From a long time ago, already got a multimeter (3) and a few variable voltage power supplies. All sorts of nichrome. Easy to test with. I like a long tight cool drag with no throat hit.

I will buy the Nemesis and just be careful with battery. Good to know.

I don't like the Nzonic design.
    I was thinking about the magneto but big logo and spider. I hate spiders.
    I like the magneto better than all my other mechanical mods, plus the alternative head that uses 510/ego threads and a automatically adjustable spring loaded center pin. very cool head unit, you can purchase them at madvapes for like $10, fasttech has 3 magneto's now, the black chrome version looks cool Found 3 magneto at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Jeff
    sushiaddiction likes this.

thanks aussievapes

I already ordered the Nemesis just before. I was busy watching tv so I did not look further into fasttech than the link you gave me. Now I look again at more of the site. IT'S SOOO CHEAP. I should have ordered my stuff from there.
    Now that you have enlightened me, I'm buying something every 2 weeks for a few months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast