Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just about to starting vapeing

Yuendumu (aboriginal community) very remote NT

Just about to starting vapeing

I have just ordered a kanger pro tank and a couple of egos for my first kit im in the NT but they have been posted to the family's place on the east coast...... im really keen to start and kick smokeing but im worried about how different it will be advice plz...

1. I know vapeing is different but how is the transition
    2. I smoke 12 mg smokes what should my liquid be like
    3. is a pro tank a good place to start
    4. what's nice flavoured lquids
    Donna likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakealcock View Post
    I have just ordered a kanger pro tank and a couple of egos for my first kit im in the NT but they have been posted to the family's place on the east coast...... im really keen to start and kick smokeing but im worried about how different it will be advice plz...

1. I know vapeing is different but how is the transition
    For most of us it's pretty easy. If when you get out of bed the first thing you have to do is go outside and have a smoke (even before you put the kettle on) then you are still going to miss that one for a little while. Everyone has different triggers. Have a vape for a few minutes and then see how you feel.

Also, nicotine absorption is slower than it is with cigarette smoke, so it doesn't have the same reward that smoking has. On the plus side, once we make the adjustment most of us like vaping way more than we did smoking, and have no wish to return to it. Nicotine on it's own is not as addictive as smoking.

2. I smoke 12 mg smokes what should my liquid be like
    Everyone is different, and vaping is different to smoking. As a general rule though, I normally tell people that the liquid they should try is half as much again as what the cigarettes were supposed to be. In your case that would be 18mg/ml. You don't have to vape a ml, that's just an appropriate level for where you are coming from. If you find that it is not satisfying your cravings then you might need to try 24mg/ml, so maybe you should get some liquid with that strength as well if possible. You can always dilute it later if you have to.

Personally, I was a rollie smoker and started at 24mg/ml but quickly had to drop it to 18mg/ml. I'm now down to 10mg/ml after nearly 8 months because my tolerance for nicotine is dropping. Nicotine on it's own is not as addictive as smoking.

3. is a pro tank a good place to start
    I normally recommend the Evod as good starting clearomiser, you've gone a bit more up-market. What is the voltage output of the Ego batteries? If it's a fixed voltage then what that voltage is will determine which resistance heads are appropriate to use on it. Basically, 3.3V:1.8ohms 3.7V:2.2ohms Unregulated (ie 4.2 volts down: 2.4ohms). For a variable volt Ego twist you can set the voltage appropriately. Make sure that the head is screwed into the base properly, and don't overtighten the Protank on your Ego battery. It just needs to make proper contact and not wobble. If you overtighten any device it can push the center pin in on the battery, or the same on the Protank head.

4. what's nice flavoured lquids
    People always ask this, and the answer is "whatever you find you like". Some people will like one vendor's liquids, and other's will think they are terrible. A lot of us mix our own, but to start with you are better off buying some pre-mixed liquids. There's a couple of places in NZ where you can get premixed with nicotine in about three days to capital cities. A lot of people buy from the US or China.

The next step might be to try some doublers. These are available locally - for example Vaping Cobra on the Gold Coast. You buy double strength nicotine (from China or the US) and mix it with the doubler so the nicotine content is correct. You also have to get the PG/VG ratio correct. I suggest 70/30 or 80/20 as being a good starting point. Some people (a few percent, maybe?) have a sensitivity to PG so must vape high VG ratios, or can't use PG at all. Easiest mix is to buy nicotine in PG base, and flavour doublers which are also double VG.

After that is DIY which comes with a very steep learning curve but has many more possibilities.

If you give us some idea what kind of flavours you think you might like people may have specific suggestions for you. Usually people will go for tobacco flavours first up, but many start on dessert flavours or fruit flavours. Really, you can have anything you want. I can recommend menthol even if you hated menthol tobacco. I treat is as a "rescue vape" when nothing tastes right, which can happen when you start, especially if you vape more than you expected. Make sure you drink plenty of water as vaping PG and VG will dehydrate you.

You'll have lots more questions once you start but don't worry it's going to make a lot more sense once you have the gear in your hands.

ETA:
    Oh yes, and welcome. :-)
    Vaping and being smoke free is *great*
    Last edited by fabricator4; 12-11-13 at 11:42 AM.
    margyb, oogy, spud and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forum jakealcock

AVF Regular
    Also remember if you're planning on vaping with nicotine, yo'll need to order the nic from overseas, have a look at the International Vendors subforum, the vendors in there are generally well-known and used by members here, and you can read customer reviews on them. You just need to mix the nic in equal parts with your "doubler" flavour, maybe adjusting with a little PG or VG to get to your desired nic strength. If you smoke a lot of ciggies a day you'll probably want a higher strength, maybe 20-24mg. The protank should probably work on your Egos, if it came as part of a kit. There are so many different juices out there it's amazing, one of those things you'll have to explore for yourself SOme of the Aussie juice vendors sell sample packs so you can try a range of juices, see what you like. They're all nic free as we cant sell or supply nic in Australia, but we''re allowed to import enough for personal use from overseas.
    spud and Jakealcock like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Nice one cock.
    Singo and Jakealcock like this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

I'm a newby and I ordered my liquids from OS with Nic already added. It seems so much easier at first. I smoked PJ gold and have gone for 18mg nicotine. Although alot of people would not necessarily recommend this brand or vendor, I went for De Kang liquids from Healthcabin.net. There is an abundance of flavour choices and they are cheap and I have quite enjoyed most of them in my first month of vaping. Whatever you decide on as far as liquids go, just pick the ones that sound nice to you and buy the smallest bottle available. You won't end up liking them all. I'm just about ready to step up my flavour choices and am now looking at more complex combinations of flavours from other vendors. It takes time but is well worth it. Good luck!

Also, I was a heavy smoker for more than 30 years and I have tried every other method to stop and have never succeeded. Vaping not only worked for me, I enjoy it more than I ever enjoyed smoking.
    Last edited by Donna; 12-11-13 at 01:51 PM.
    margyb, JenJ, spud and 1 others like this.

Thanks guys seeing the support available and the community of us has really given me some strength and confidence in what I'm doing

Any advice is more then welcome!!!!
    Last edited by Jakealcock; 12-11-13 at 02:43 PM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    Nice one cock.
    Ummmm, you two must know each other?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

No just look at my name dw I get it every day in real life lol something you Learn to live with..... With a name like mine
    ckane and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    39 year rollie smoker here, stopped smoking, started vaping......haven't hung out for a ciggy in 2 months. I vape between 12mg & 18mg. Read, ask questions and you'll be up and running in no time.....
    margyb, spud and Jakealcock like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast