Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree688Likes

Thread: The coil pr0n thread

AVF Regular
    OFF TOPIC: how do you subscribe to threads here or add them to a favourites or something. I'm used to having that easy to find.

I'm going to start building my own coils soon, can't wait.
    Cheers

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luntingsir View Post
    That's a good one GT.

I used that when I started out.

The spreadsheet I'm working on at the moment includes ribbon wire and few extra features. I'll post it up here when it's done.

Now, where's everyone else's coils?
    Sounds good The PV web one is basic, but for most uses gets you in the ballpark ...
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rotten View Post
    OFF TOPIC: how do you subscribe to threads here or add them to a favourites or something. I'm used to having that easy to find.

I'm going to start building my own coils soon, can't wait.
    Cheers
    Click on Thread Tools above ( at top ) then on drop down menu select "subscribe to this thread "

You will then be presented with notifications options , pick what you want , and done
    GirlyPantz and rotten like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Oldie but in case no one saw . . . 7/64 ceramic with cotton feeders and a 28g contact coil in a KF 3.1:

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

AVF Regular
    Luntingsir, may I ask which one of the coils above is your favourite Vape in terms of flavour and vapour production?

The one you would constantly build cos you can't get enough of it...

AVF Regular
    For an all day vape, big contact coils. Dual 2.4mm ID, 0.35mm wire with doubled-over 2mm silica wick (Bastos preferred). 8 wraps, aiming for just over 0.6 ohms. Dual 2mm air holes.

If I'm feeling brave, then dual Bakero ribbon wire hand wrapped around doubled-over 2mm silica. 4 wraps, shooting for 0.35 ohms. Widest air flow possible, dual 3mm or above. A good pick me up in the morning.

For small RDAs (think Cyclone size), I'll use 1.4mm ID 30ga with cotton. Resistance varies between 0.9 to 1.4 depending on available air flow.

However, I haven't had the greatest time with cotton, but I probably just need more time with it.

Not the greatest fan of dragon coils, too inconsistent. Still need to try trico coils.

I only ever built one Mr Squiggle coil. It probably could do with some refinement, but I can't be arsed playing around with it as the standard contact coil set ups work so well.

Obligatory note to people wanting to build similar set ups:

Make sure to test resistances, and make sure to use batteries that can handle these types of low resistances, particularly the 0.35 ohm set up.

Do the research, ask the questions. Vape responsibly.
    Last edited by luntingsir; 13-11-13 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Olfella and bikam0wz like this.

Trico coil on an Atomic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Up in vapour; 13-11-13 at 11:12 PM.
    GirlyPantz, luntingsir and Olfella like this.

Banned (Never to return)
    i was lucky enough to see Mr Squiggle in action , ohhh and that coil

this was my first dual dripper

came out a 0.7ohms with 12 wraps of 30g

then i pulsed and pushed the coils together

threaded the cotton ball and trimmed

filled with Indigo's Eastwood

nice clouds

result ??

Surprisingly this is the hardest coil I build, it looks simple but it has res/no res wire in the equation so is very challenging especially with thicker gauge wire.

This is a diver, but I also make these for my Ithaka, Penelope, Oddy's, Killer and soon the Leo (auspost just dropped it off). You can get away with not using the no res on the Ithaka but the others require it and it will add between 0.2 and 0.4 ohms to your coil (and the heat that goes with it which will pretty much atomize the juice as well as the main coil if you chain vape which has a potential to damage the delrin pieces of the devices.)

On this particular one I was aiming for 1.1/2 ohm so that it works with my semovar, but sub ohms are easy to achieve by using 26 or 24 instead

This is 11 wraps around an 18 gauge blunt needle (the type we buy to mix our own juice etc).

Any device that does not require res/no res wire is much much simpler in my opinion

I tried using Kanthal premade ready wires from cov,madvapes and even the ribbon stuff Stormy's vape cellar has. But the wire is far too long for something as intricate as this when doing a contact coil. So now each one is custom.

AVF Regular
    Damn you all! This makes me want to give rebuilding another shot.

Luntingsir, what camera/lense are you using? Very nice pics.
    Rossco likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast