Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: problem with eVic

problem with eVic

had my eVic about a month now an i like it. its good..

but now my screen on it wont work all the time an flickers on and off when it wants to or just simply wont turn on

anyone else have same problem.

its not been droped or any thing no damage has been done to it that i am aware of
    any know what it might be?

cheerz

AVF Regular
    Where did you buy it from? It should be under warranty, I think? Better to do that than pull it apart and blow your warranty. Contact the vendor first, 'cause it sounds like it's broken.
    margyb likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sounds like a loose wire\dry joint somewhere in it. Definately go for a warranty fix first, they appear to be painful to dissasemble.

AVF Regular
    Hi takedown I have an evic and there are no problems with mine as far as the screen goes,sometimes it is a little funny about turning on but I've noticed if you push the button to quick the computer cannot keep up with it so just take your time pressing the on and off. It certainly sounds like a loose wire, I would contact the seller and have it repaired as the evic is not a cheap item. Hope this helps

AVF Regular
    i thought my evic pooed itself the other. then i realised i was trying to get it to fire up with a flat battery. i thought the battery was charged, but i must have gotten mixed up. poor evic copped some undeserved verbal flagellation.

bought it from vapebar no more than 3 to 4 weeks ago...
    altho after reading there warranty info it just seems like its gonna be a pain in that you know what
    ill live with it for now till i can aford to get something else. slight tap to the side seems to knock what ever it is back
    in the right place

bit of a bummer tho seeing as its a nice pice of hardware

AVF Regular
    No it's definitely worth claiming the warranty. Nothing worse than buying something nice and having it play up like that when you should be able to reasonable expect it to last a long time. At least fill out their warranty claim form online and see what they offer you. You'll need at least a twist or spinner to see you through over the period you send it back. You probably already have (or should have) something as backup anyway.

Bang that claim form in. It won't cost anything at all to find out.

ETA: If it's what it appears to be - a dry solder joint or some other kind of bad connection it may become more unreliable over time. You can be pretty sure it won't get any better.

yeah have to wait for kids to sleep then have to do all that now cos its just about had it... works only when it wants an wont charge properly anymore..

an unfortunantly nope no backup seeing as someone keeps wiping my bank account clean *glares at SO*

found my invoice ordered on 28th got it 3 days later so only had it 16days
    Last edited by takedown; 13-11-13 at 01:29 PM.

AVF Regular
    Good, glad you are going for the warranty. Do explain that it is your only PV as you're just starting out, maybe they will send out a replacement on faith, or do you a deal on a twist or spinner + charger.

Another option, There's other vapers in Perth. Maybe someone could give you a loaner until yours arrives. Dammit I'd send you a twist but it would be silly to do that if there's someone local who could help out.

ETA: they should be able to do a fixed 3.7V 650mAh ego + charger + postage < $20 to help out a customer in trouble with warranty issues.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-11-13 at 01:53 PM.

yeah well with a bit of luck id be happy with just a new replacement head for it.

i couldnt ask other vapers to give me a loaner one...
    people invest a lot of money in this stuff to just let someone use it for a while

ill see how that warranty thing goes an just have to look at buying more for me self lol
    fabricator4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast