Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: A good RBA for a beginner, sick of waiting for slowtech :(

A good RBA for a beginner, sick of waiting for slowtech :(

I've just ordered some mesh, wire and wick, from Vape King, and was being tempted by the RBA's they have, but I'm unsure of which one to get. I have some coming from fasttech, but I'm sick of waiting, and it looks like they will be some weeks away yet. So I figured, if there is an easy RBA for beginners to start with, maybe someone could recommend one I can get locally, (meaning Aus, can't get any vaping gear where I live). Are any that Vape King sell suitable for a beginner, on a budget, (up to $30 is ok, but can't go beyond that). I'm up to scratch with building coils and wicks for drippers, but need a challenge now

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm just dying to get started on these
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Spud

You can't get any more of a beginner than me I got the Igo-L and it's the best move I've made since I started vaping. I'm on 18mg nic, and I was thinking I might have to bump it back up to 24, but it seems to me that I'm getting more of a nic hit with the dripper, maybe because I'm vaping at a much higher voltage than usual, I dont know, but it's working really well for me, and building the coils isn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be for somebody with big clumsy fingers

Edit: reread your post, you're doing drippers already; ergo, my post is pointless
    Last edited by BlackDog; 13-11-13 at 07:33 PM. Reason: having a moment
    DanGibson, spud and Altered1 like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Spud

You can't get any more of a beginner than me I got the Igo-L and it's the best move I've made since I started vaping. I'm on 18mg nic, and I was thinking I might have to bump it back up to 24, but it seems to me that I'm getting more of a nic hit with the dripper, maybe because I'm vaping at a much higher voltage than usual, I dont know, but it's working really well for me, and building the coils isn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be for somebody with big clumsy fingers
    Hi Blackdog, I already have drippers, and have pretty much got dripper coils and wicks down pat, (been doing a lot of practicing ),but now I'm looking for a tank, one that uses the rolled mesh wicks.

I use the drippers all the time for trying new flavours that I've made up, you get a much better taste with a dripper, so it helps a lot when tweeking recipes, but I find them frustrating to use all the time, and prefer my pro-tanks or evods. lol, much better for chain vaping than drippers and sometimes I just like to chain vape.

I wonder if the same nic thing applies with RBA's as it does with drippers, I might have to drop my own nic levels if it does.
    Last edited by spud; 13-11-13 at 07:35 PM. Reason: correcting shocking grammar
    RichoVonBlack and Pipesub like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

AVF Regular
    get the agi from ud. Its pretty fullproof easy to use. Or the aga-t2. Cheap and realiable.

AVF Regular
    I know stuff all about drippers, but you already saw this thread,
    Help with purchases please

Wait until I check my "BOX OF EXCESS CRAP", I may have an Arashi I moved on from, here is what one looks like,

New Genesis Atomizer - Phoenix Mods Arashi V2
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    get the agi from ud. Its pretty fullproof easy to use. Or the aga-t2. Cheap and realiable.
    Thanks Urecia, is this the one you mean?

AGA-T2 Rebuildable Atomizer - Pyrex
    RichoVonBlack and urecia like this.

AVF Regular
    The AGA-T2 is a good one, its got the Press fit top cap as opposed to the screw on top cap (makes lining up your air hole much easier),,
    spud likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    I know stuff all about drippers, but you already saw this thread,
    Help with purchases please

Wait until I check my "BOX OF EXCESS CRAP", I may have an Arashi I moved on from, here is what one looks like,

New Genesis Atomizer - Phoenix Mods Arashi V2
    Ah thank you, looks good, similar to the Aga?
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    If you are buying stuff from VapeKing (AAAA++++ will buy again), I would recommend the RSST. Haven't tried one myself yet, but from all accounts they are easier to set up than an AGA. AGA's can be a bit fiddly getting rid of hot legs between the top of the wick and the post.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    No real difference to be honest, think of the Arashi is a bit (just) better machined than the AGA's, but pretty much the same, only difference is if its still in my BOX OF STUFF N CRAP you can have it for free, I honestly don't use it any more.
    308hjute, Nakor, Gresh11 and 3 others like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast