Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AGR+ Cant seem to get it going??

AGR+ Cant seem to get it going??

Ive been using the older AGR with the poly tank using a LR Boge cart and its been going great guns, wanted a few more but couldnt get my hands on any so tried the AGR+ I thought the plus was meant to be a better version....if it is, I cant see it?

It seams to always want to over fill the cart no matter what mix or what way you fill it. As if the seal is so great that as soon as you suck at all, no matter how light the tank juice flows through with it. Has anyone else had any success with the tank?? Im just about to turf it!!

I run on a SVD or a MOD & Kick, so playing with the power doesnt do squat either. Me thinks I should have just waited!!

Mine may as well be a sieve.

I thought the issue may be that the carto sits just slightly below the top o-ring but even putting the shorter tank on with the xl carto sitting above the top it still spits out juice in quite a convincing fashion

If filled and not vaped mine doesn't leak, so all the seals seem ok but vape it and 5 minutes later it's a sprinkler so I'm going with pbusardo's view that it's airflow.

I'm going to take a grinder to the locking base sometime and see how that goes, but for now it's just a pretty good paper weight
    duke55 likes this.

AVF Regular
    My AGR is a leak machine regardless of how carefully I fill it, I reckon it'd leak cement.
    duke55 likes this.

Im not completly convinced its a air flow problem, the original AGR has a very similar locking bottom and I changed that out and still no go....let me know how the grinder goes!! LOL.

AVF Regular
    What I do is I put it upside down when I was not vaping. It tend to solve the leaking temporary.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    Phil thinks the same

avtek likes this.

AVF Regular
    The fill hole is too small on both models. Have to slide the carto out and fill it that way.

Afterwards I open the fill port for a little while to let the pressure equalize.

Always only fill it to 75% or so.

Had constant problems with flooding and juice dumps until I did that.

Maybe try using the AGR (non-plus) locking caps on the + to solve the airflow problem.

Rather than get heavy handed with the grinder, I had a bit of a tinker with the dremel this afternoon, using a grinding stone I beveled the edges at around 45 degrees all around the 510 threading, so that there's a smooth-ish beveled edge from the top of the thread out about 6-7mm.

Still needs tidying up to look any good but the draw is much better and seems to be work quite well when tank is anywhere between a quarter and half full.

Still had leaking on the initial fill, also leaks when the tank is more than half full and as of now when less than a quarter full.

Far too finicky for my liking so going to clean it up and into the spares drawer it goes.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, really disappointed with the AGR+. The first time I filled it and let it sit, I came back to find half a tank of delicious VapeKing Rich Pipe juice on the table.

Filling it carefully and slowly reduces the problem and only filling the tank up half capacity helps as well. Even so, it still leaks.

I watched pbusardo's review of the AGR+ and everything that happened to him had happened to me.

Very disappointed because the AGR+ looks fabulous on my vamo. I haven't used my vamo for ages but I thought the AGR+ would bring it back into my vaping hardware rotation.

So anyway, can anyone recommend a pyrex glass, lockable boge cartomiser tank which does not have the leaking problems of the AGR+?
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

AVF Regular
    I have never had an issue with mine at all never leaks and can fill it all the way up

I de believe the v1 did have issues but the v2 was good - don't ask me what the difference is I am not sure and I can't remember what forum I did read that on I searched so many forums about it before purchasing last year

1 tip I did read was use a drip tip with a large oring on it so it sits tight in the top of the carto that may stop / reduce the leaking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast