N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Own a Davide? Q about seals

I just got a davide in the mail today. It seems to leak from the top between the glass and the top cap.

Does your Davide have a very thin seal there?

Mine has a very thin flat (like a washer) seal on the bottom but not on the top.

Thanks

]6⁹.12[

I've got a couple and have zero leaking problems with the davide and mini davide.

Just take it apart again and have a very close look. There should be a flat o-ring at both top and bottom of the pyrex tank, if there's not then it was either supplied without one or you've dropped it somewhere?

Also, when you're putting them back together, don't screw the centre post all the way in to the tiny o-ring there, let it just touch on it because when you screw the second part together this tends to take up and continue turning when you tighten it all up. Don't over tighten either.

I use the mini's all day every day and really can't fault them. Tough too, have dropped them a few times. I guess the only thing is I'm rebuilding my coils with micro's and cotton wicks but just cant seem to get a good length of time from them, but this is probably just needing further experimentation, but definitely no leak issues.

AVF Regular
    You got pics?
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Mine looks exactly like this. No seal.

I did not lose it. I'm sure of that. That would annoy me a lot so I make sure I never do it. Actually I've done it twice in something like 20 years. Anyway good to know. There should be a seal. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FOCharlie View Post
    don't screw the centre post all the way in to the tiny o-ring there, let it just touch on it because when you screw the second part together this tends to take up and continue turning when you tighten it all up. Don't over tighten either. .
    Thanks, I know what you mean

I'm a new vaper but I'm well versed in electrons, metals, plastics & seals. Basic chemistry & batteries..... and lots and lots of other slightly obsessive nerd stuff
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 13-11-13 at 10:33 PM.

]6⁹.12[