Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Got permission for some shiny stuff, help pleaes

AVF Regular

Got permission for some shiny stuff, help pleaes

Hey y'all,

The wife's happy I'm off the stinkies, and seeing she has bought a whole heap of new clothes to go with her weight loss recently, has OK'd the purchase of some vape kit for xmas.

I want to get a VV mod, and an atty. The world is my oyster, however I need to be realistic on the family budget.

So, I'm looking for something like a Vamo, or a Sigelei or a Lavatube or a Itaste 134 ...... you get the idea.

I also want to get a rebuildable atty (coz they look cool, and I like to fiddle, so happy to learn the rebuilding game!), but I'll probably have to compromise on a clone of some sort. Kraken? Cobra? Genisis? Taifun GT? (be kind, I'm still learning)

So, with that in mind, and my requirement for one that is durable, and can be layed down/put in a pocket without leaking, let's see your suggestions. I've got time to think things through, and research. I just cannot justify hundred of dollars.

I appreciate the feedback guys - oh yeah - pics will help immensely too, thanks
    Last edited by Altered1; 14-11-13 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added atty
    spud likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Get a coloured Vamo, so useful and so pretty.
    Fatman, spud and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Bang for buck for the VV / VW mod = Vamo.

Wiser heads than mine will make suggestions on an atty if you are after rebuilable and no leaks in one package.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

I agree with the vamo.. but also maybe the Innokin Vtr if you want something different that works well. Oh whatever you choose make sure you buy double the batteries you need so that if one set goes flat you can easily swap out for another
    spud and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    If you're after a solid genesis atomizer to learn on, you cannot go wrong with a Smoktech RSST. If you're after a dripping atomizer an igo-L or igo-w would suit as well.
    spud and Altered1 like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

I'm just a newb but:
    If you go the vamo, forget genisis. Vamos won't run anything less than 1.2ohm, and gennys like low ohm because you need to heat up the mesh/wire wick. Not necessarily sub ohm, ~1.3 ohm can work, but it would suck if you built the perfect coil and the vam wouldn't run it because it was 0.1ohm too low. Also they are open at the top, so will leak in pockets or if knocked over. Good vape though.

The taifun, it is huge because of it's 5ml tank. You'd have to ask yourself if you vape so much of one flavour per day that you need such a big tank and therefore large atty.

I'd personally see if you can get a kayfun 3.1 or lite clone, works well with higher resistances than the genisis style, and the lite is a lot smaller than something like a taifun. Fogger maybe? e: are all foggers 6ml, I thought there was some 3.5ml ones?

I still wish someone who knows a lot more than me would write a up a sticky describing RBAs with their pros and cons.
    Last edited by coopz; 14-11-13 at 11:54 PM.
    oogy, spud and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    For a more affordable silica type atomizer the fogger is worth a look.
    FOGGER V2 - YouTube
    Altered1 likes this.

I just looked up the fogger and taifun height (FT sell both for us$20 now), 5ml taifun 86mm and 23mm dia, 6ml fogger 74.6mm and 22mm dia. Why is the taigun so huge lol? I would be tempted on the co-op if it wasn't so huge.
    Altered1 likes this.

Vamo's are great, I love mine, and am in the same boat looking for a RBA. Been given some great advice and info by some of the more experienced members here. There are some good youtube vids, but nothing as good as a hands on lesson if you can find someone in your area willing to be patient with a learner

Let us know how you get on, I'd love to compare notes
    Altered1 likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Can't go wrong with a Vamo + Kayfun combo, although it is a bit of a light saber in 18650 mode.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast