Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ultrasonic Cleaner?

AVF Regular

Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Just wondering if any of you guys have used one of these ultrasonic cleaners to clean you're vapegear. I thought it might be useful for cleaning stainless steel tank's, drip tips etc. Saw one on ebay for about $4.60. Wondered if it would be worth ordering?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

AVF Regular
    for less than $5, you'd have to give it a go, right ?

I've started using the steam attachment on the coffee machine
    Aschzzz likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Lol! Trust you to think up something like that ;-) it says ir uses vibrations to clean everything off and is perfect for jewelry, coins even dentures. I've heard of them before but never used one. Jewelers use them all the time. You could probably clean your protank coils in there maybe?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    I would try it ( hey its 5 bucks right ?)
    BUT I have a higher power one 50 Watts and it does a good job with cleaning cartos/atties/general bits and bobs .... it doesn't alleviate the need to dry burn etc , but it CAN clean liquids out , and aid in getting rid of the crud which falls off the coils in a dry burn
    Also good for mixing/steeping liquids
    Plus if you have a significant other , you can buy it for them to clean their jewellery in etc and score bonus points AND a gear cleaner
    Driesy77, Samtron and steve.c like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Don't waste your money on a cheap $5 ultrasonic cleaner. If you wanna invest, buy a proper one. You pay for what u get.
    The Sodd likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I would try it ( hey its 5 bucks right ?)
    BUT I have a higher power one 50 Watts and it does a good job with cleaning cartos/atties/general bits and bobs .... it doesn't alleviate the need to dry burn etc , but it CAN clean liquids out , and aid in getting rid of the crud which falls off the coils in a dry burn
    Also good for mixing/steeping liquids
    Plus if you have a significant other , you can buy it for them to clean their jewellery in etc and score bonus points AND a gear cleaner
    Hey fm,
    How do you use it for steeping?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    Don't waste your money on a cheap $5 ultrasonic cleaner. If you wanna invest, buy a proper one. You pay for what u get.
    Do you use one Urecia? Which model?(pic if possible)

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hey fm,
    How do you use it for steeping?
    I have a larger one that I use for steeping, very effective. I sit the bottles, (caps on), in warm water, (in the cleaner) and turn the US cleaner on for about 10-15 minutes. Cuts steeping time by two thirds, and mixes the ingredients and base very well. I prefer boiling for cleaning coils tanks etc, as it sterilises as well, something the US cleaner doesn't do.
    steve.c likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    have a read at this old thread when i first started with usc.

DIY juice mixing with ultrasonic cleaner steeping

Also the model which i bought

NEW 2L 50W Digital Steel Ultrasonic Cleaner With Heater Commercial Grade | eBay
    Samtron and steve.c like this.

Super Moderator
    ^^^^^ what they said

If you are going to go down the ultrasonic cleaner path , get the biggest power ( in Watts ) unit you can afford ... bigger IS better in this case
    steve.c likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast