Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: eVic + Tank Setup

eVic + Tank Setup

Hey all, long time vaper (being using Ego, Ego-T's for a few years) and was thinking of moving up to an eVic but want to go down the Tankomizer path.

Was thinking of using the moktech pyrex dct cartomizer tank, what else do I need to make this work?
    Or any other suggestions?

you just need to buy the tank and replacement cartos as you will need to replace every 2-3days.
    i'm a new vaper myself and i think clearos are much better than cartos in terms of maintenance and flavor.

if i had to give an opinion, i'd say get protank instead of smoktech dct. (i've tried both)

Don't really want to be replacing carts all the time, perhaps i am barking up the wrong tree (Or this current vape is a bit to harsh on my thooat :P)

Quite enjoyed the ease of the Ego-T with the tanks, i just refill the tanks as they run low, and clean the atty's every couple of days in boiling hot water, been on the same 3 LR atty's for 2 years without issue.

AVF Regular
    You will only need cartomizers to make it work. (And a drip tip). Just make sure you get 'punched' or 'slotted' cartos. This way the juice can get from the tank into the carto.
    Look up the condom method for filling carto.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    You will only need cartomizers to make it work. (And a drip tip). Just make sure you get 'punched' or 'slotted' cartos. This way the juice can get from the tank into the carto.
    Look up the condom method for filling carto.
    Eg, the VKS SLOTTED CARTOMIZER ?

Quote Originally Posted by gerzzzzz View Post
    you just need to buy the tank and replacement cartos as you will need to replace every 2-3days.
    i'm a new vaper myself and i think clearos are much better than cartos in terms of maintenance and flavor.

if i had to give an opinion, i'd say get protank instead of smoktech dct. (i've tried both)
    You do not need to replace your cartos every 2-3 days. Cartos will generally last 1-2 weeks (and even longer) depending on the juice you use and how often you're vaping. Most of mine that weren't duds would last over two weeks no worries.
    Fatman likes this.

So, am I on the right track? Using the Slotted Cartomizer + a Cart tank?
    Or should I look down the path of a Clearomizer? Such as the stardust ego clearomizer ce4+

AVF Regular
    Hey Taliesin, I have an evic and I reckon it is a great PV, the display gives you so much information (battery remaining, coil resistance, current volts/wattage etc etc etc), it is super easy to charge (via USB straight into the device, no need for external battery charger) it is pretty solid and just works. Only issue is it can be a bit bulky when out and about.
    I use DCTs on it, they are a bit more fiddly than Clearos (mainly for the initial priming of the carto and then then refilling the tank) but they hold a crapload of juice, flavour is as good as a clearo and you get decent vapour out of them. After awhile the setup/maintenance becomes second nature.
    The SMOK DCT is one of my favourites, would definitely recommend giving it a go if you are looking to change things up. All in all though if you are happy with what you have now this isnt going to blow your mind, just a slightly different way of doing the same thing.
    Fatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikada View Post
    The SMOK DCT is one of my favourites, would definitely recommend giving it a go if you are looking to change things up. All in all though if you are happy with what you have now this isnt going to blow your mind, just a slightly different way of doing the same thing.
    Thanks for your input Malikada, So is it worth grabbing a SMOK DCT and a VKS Slotted Cartomizer to try on my current EgoT Batteries (eVic is more of a Want not a Need)

AVF Regular
    Everyone has their own opinion but I find that DCTs are my go to whenever I am heading out. The Ego will be able to handle the DCT although it might look a little funny/top heavy.
    If you do grab one spend some time priming the carto, if you fire it up and you get a burnt taste then it means there wasnt enough juice in there and that burnt taste will never go away. Grab a five pack just incase

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast