Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Recommendation Needed for a Good Cheap Cartotank

AVF Regular

Recommendation Needed for a Good Cheap Cartotank

I have been using X8 and AGR+ with standard Boge LR 2 pre-punched carto for some time. I think many of the AGR+ owners are sick of leaking as I do. I heard that Terminator tank and Who is your daddy tank are really good (in fact I think Who is your Daddy 5ml is better made) but their prices aren't making my wife happy at all. there are some negatives on terminator not being a secure tank due to its sliding problem.

I have little clue of how much a good non-leaking tank should cost but if I am paying something like Who is Your Daddy tank/Slap yo mama tank (or teminator) why shouldn't I get a Reactor or ERA. They almost the same price in SS version. I have also checked on Siam mods tank but they mostly sold out. Again, they have slding problems just like terminator.

Id there anyone out there have bought a good cheap non-leaking pyrex tank? Appreciate you share a link or a youtube so I can get rid of AGR+ sooner.

Cheers.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

All my tanked r from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. Pyrex glass and ss caps min $22.50. I never get any leaks, they r nice and flush and caps r slim. They do coloured tubes for $5 extra and also cater to different carto tank width sizes like 19mm and 22mm. 19mm sits perfectly on the provari for anyone curious. Cheap spare o rings and washers and also shipping is only $6 international.
    Robray, bobbavet, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Cheers mate. I will check them out now. By the way, do they have any promo code for AVF?

Quote Originally Posted by lozza 82 View Post
    All my tanked r from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!. Pyrex glass and ss caps min $22.50. I never get any leaks, they r nice and flush and caps r slim. They do coloured tubes for $5 extra and also cater to different carto tank width sizes like 19mm and 22mm. 19mm sits perfectly on the provari for anyone curious. Cheap spare o rings and washers and also shipping is only $6 international.
    Last edited by porkchop; 16-11-13 at 11:22 PM.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Super Moderator
    Seconded on IBTanked ... they do good stuff
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I find the smoketech Pyrex DCT tanks are great value, around $13. Holds 5ml and no leaks at all. Bottom flange cartos lock in so screwing on and off is easy holding the tank, no sliding issues either.
    The smoketech Pyrex UDCT tanks are also great too, just a tad smaller holding 4ml.
    The only problem is with DIY hole punching - they are a tight fit so just the slightest deforming of the cartos from punching can make sliding them past the holes difficult. Even harder to get off than on have needed pliers a couple of times!
    If you can use the slotted tanks then this is preferable but I have trouble finding them with bottom flanges. I did however find some triple punched cartos from ecigmodshop that worked really well, holes are not as small as some but would love them a bit bigger.
    I also got some cartos a few weeks back from vape bar that are drilled much bigger than anything else I've ever seen, about 3-4 ml diameter, as big as you could ever punch them yourself if not bigger. Unfortunately you can't get them with bottom flanges and the lowest resistance is 2.0ohm. I still use them in the DCT and UDCT tanks even though they don't have the bottom flange as sliding isn't possible on my vamo or svd if you have the top rings on.
    As many cartos and suppliers there are out there it funny how much trouble you can have getting your ideal carto, like I can get the holes I want but can't get the bottom flange, or if I get the flange I cant get the holes so I have to punch them and then they are a pain in my favourite tanks!
    porkchop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    Cheers mate. I will check them out now. By the way, do they have any promo code for AVF?
    Not as far as I know, I have never been able to find coupon codes 4 ibtanked
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Just couldn't wait and ordered one IBTanked already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I find the smoketech Pyrex DCT tanks are great value, around $13. Holds 5ml and no leaks at all. Bottom flange cartos lock in so screwing on and off is easy holding the tank, no sliding issues either.
    The smoketech Pyrex UDCT tanks are also great too, just a tad smaller holding 4ml.
    The only problem is with DIY hole punching - they are a tight fit so just the slightest deforming of the cartos from punching can make sliding them past the holes difficult. Even harder to get off than on have needed pliers a couple of times!
    If you can use the slotted tanks then this is preferable but I have trouble finding them with bottom flanges. I did however find some triple punched cartos from ecigmodshop that worked really well, holes are not as small as some but would love them a bit bigger.
    I also got some cartos a few weeks back from vape bar that are drilled much bigger than anything else I've ever seen, about 3-4 ml diameter, as big as you could ever punch them yourself if not bigger. Unfortunately you can't get them with bottom flanges and the lowest resistance is 2.0ohm. I still use them in the DCT and UDCT tanks even though they don't have the bottom flange as sliding isn't possible on my vamo or svd if you have the top rings on.
    As many cartos and suppliers there are out there it funny how much trouble you can have getting your ideal carto, like I can get the holes I want but can't get the bottom flange, or if I get the flange I cant get the holes so I have to punch them and then they are a pain in my favourite tanks!
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    Just couldn't wait and ordered one IBTanked already.
    We have about a dozen OCD tanks between us and they function well and look good too , u won't b disappointed . The Pyrex glass is quite thick too, really good quality, just dnt drop em but only $5 for replacement tubes if need b.
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    Just received my first clear tank with SS caps from IBTanked. I have to say: wow~
    Very easy to fill the liquid, no leaks. I have to say I am impressed.
    Ordered 2nd one for Mrs' SVD.
    lozza 82 and Fatman like this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013

Super Moderator
    They do good work for little dollars Yay Mr n Mrs OCD
    porkchop likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast