Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pliers to get into the end of an ego-where?

Hi all

After a recent purchase, one of the ego batteries I bought has a middle bit (the point where it makes contact with the charger or clearo etc) too low. Too much BS to send it back, just want to fix it.

I didn't have any tools in my arsenal to be able to get in there to lift it up. My long nose pliers were too big, my tweezers were too fat, and for the life of me I could not find my little long nose pliers I used to use for jewellery making.

I was hoping someone would have a link to a pair of pliers on ebay (cheapies) or other cheapo site that would be suitable for the task.

Cheers
    KBM

T7x
    AVF Regular
    I used to use a paper clip and lever it up gently when mine did that.
    If it's tight you could use a thumb tack / pin
    Do you know de way 👺

Super Moderator
    Paper clip, small screwdriver or pointy nosed tweezers
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Banned (Never to return)
    18G blunt needle , hit with a brick on the end

AVF Regular
    KBM

Eye glass repair flat screwdriver or little jewellers screwdriver.
    I got a couple of these and they just live in my case. Pic is from FT but a lot of $2 stores or even cheap as chips have them

$0.85 Mini Stainless Steel Screwdriver Keychain (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I ended up using a very small eyeglass screwdriver in there to try to pry it up. I worked my way around it, and I did work it up higher than it had been, but it still isn't taking a charge, nor will it work with any clearo.

Maybe it is a dud. I got it from FT around 3 weeks ago now, so will have to return it. I should have tried it out fully when I first got it, but the order was 18th Oct, so miss out on DOA.

Cheers all

Banned (Never to return)
    EVERYTHING ive bought from FT had to be modified , and i meen everything ( cept juice )

not very Noob friendly for hardward ( no calling you a Noob KBM ) but quality control is minimal

trying to save money doesnt work with these guys , unless you grew up watching Macguyver

AVF Regular
    The EGO starter kit I bought (with CE4 clearos) at a market has slightly different threading to the battery and CE4 clearo's I bought from ecigonlineshop.

The CE4's I subsequently purchased will screw down tighter on the market bought battery than the online bought battery - effectively blocking air from moving through the clearo, but also making a tighter contact on the positive terminal of the ego....

I know that not all ecig bits are created equal!

Another manufacturer of clearo may fit on your battery ?

Have you tried a multimeter to check there is output? The wiring used on the inside is not necessarily soldered properly.... not necessarily DOA, just shoddy assembly.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I turned the battery off and used a sharp ended knife, but what I found I had to use the same procedure on the clearo pin as that was the problem.

AVF Regular
    Steak knife does the trick every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast