Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Next Gen - Ultrasonic Nebuliser?

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Next Gen - Ultrasonic Nebuliser?

Considering the very small problems of oxidation of e-liquids and very small trace amounts of nickel, chromium, aluminium, etc, could someone fit an ultrasonic nebuliser into a good looking mod.
    I have used one of these before out of interest and found them good. People with cystic fibrosis and other lung conditions use them.
    Here is an example of one
    Medisana USC Ultrasonic Battery Operated Portable Nebuliser Case Nebulizer NEW | eBay

I came up with the idea after reading how many people had a dry mouth and thinking a saline solution would help.
    They give out a $hit load of fog. You would only need distilled water(with a little salt), nicotine and flavour.

I might eventually find a good one to buy and try it out at home. Maybe find a way to put it into a good mod.
    Any developers out there listening?

EDIT> Leave as is and it's a great way to vape, for medical reasons, where ever you want
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 18-11-13 at 01:17 AM.

]6⁹.12[

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Heh I know what I'll be experimenting with if they find a way to regulate e cigs
    DanGibson likes this.
    Do you know de way 👺

I have an elcheapo 'fogger' purchased from eBay. It resonates a ceramic disk @2MHz BUT it requires 24V to operate. Works pretty well for what it is and cheap enough for experimentation.

link
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

I believe the inventor of the ecigs initially experimented with ultrasonic means of producing vapor/fog but abandoned this for the coil system we use today. Not sure the reason though
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

T7x
    AVF Regular
    The flavour couldn't be the best with nebulisation, it would break it down to much right?
    Do you know de way 👺

here is a cheap and nasty for $20. Portable as in small, not batteries.
    Portable Ultrasonic Nebulizer Handheld Nebuliser Respirator Humidifier KIT | eBay

Ultrasonics are only just being developed in such a small size for general use. I had a friend with cystic fibrosis and 5 years ago a small medical unit cost $2000.
    They do put out mist continually and the particle size can be large. I think it is improving. You could stop the mist with a valve setup. At the moment smoking and now vaping is associated with heat/burning. You can't just expect non geeks to accept ultrasonics. Mods look great. If you could fit a ultrasonic unit in it, would you use it or the current coil system.

I still remember the first ecig prototype I saw about 10-20 years ago with a small porous metal ball containing nicotine being heated. Technically impractical. Anyway would like to read anything concerning ultrasonic ecigs. google

]6⁹.12[

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    The flavour couldn't be the best with nebulisation, it would break it down to much right?
    No most compounds except for larger ones are stable when hit with high frequency.

edit> original research done on a cigalike.
    http://www.healthnz.co.nz/News2012SOTposter1861.pdf

Now we have mods. Someone said WTF does it have to look like a cigarette.
    Last edited by sushiaddiction; 18-11-13 at 01:55 AM.

]6⁹.12[

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    I think you would find it the opposite ... as it stands the vapour our PV's put out would be a much smaller size as they are vapourised ( ie boiled off in molecular form) and become hydrophyllic ( absorbing water from the atmosphere to make the visible"vape") whereas nebulising or ultrasonic misting would be a fine spray of droplets .... I think however without the vapourisation , it would be basically spraying a juice mist into your mouth , which if you haven't had the joy of , would taste CRAP
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

But things are possible.. am no scientific type but from highschool I do remember that it is posible to change the properties of liquid substances, maybe part of the problem would be the issue of the kind of base liquid you used, viscosity etc soo that you have an idea of how you might heat or expand the or make heavier the liquid in the heat process.. the idea of a nebuliser is not a new one and there are small random threads that even use the idea of a Peltier Device to somehow be incorporated into a nebulisation device to help solve theproblem of the heating . (keep in mind this device is far from perfect as a tech)

I think give it a go and see what you come up with...

yeh vaping has smaller particle size. it has to be mostly below 2.5Ám. At the moment the best ultrasonic units still are only at 3 or 4. Not sure I'll have to read more.
    While using a large chamber with 4Ám, you would get more in your mouth than vaping. Also get drops from the mouth piece. They have to used on a down angle. It it still an interesting idea.
    Fatman likes this.

]6⁹.12[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast