Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Cheap Batteries

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cheap Batteries

I'm not sure if these are any good for mods but for cheap 18650 batteries in Aus you can't get much better than $1.20 each delivered.

6X 18650 3 7V Flat Head Rechargeable Battery Pulled From NEW Battery | eBay

According to this similar one they sound good,

Would not touch.

I thought it was not much to risk ($7) and I'm going to check the discharge curve on a 5A load before using them. No way they are going near a mech but might be good for flashlights or a protected mod etc. The other link mentions getting 5.7A out of em.

AVF Regular
    Ive bought the cheap ones of ebay before and theyve performed just fine. Buy a safety clip for like $4 and youve got protection.

Super Moderator
    Would definitely NOT touch , if you have a look at the photos , you can see the spot welding from when they were once in laptops or similar ... they are scavenged batts and would be 80% shagged , guaranteed

"pulled from brand new battery pack" my arse lol , the only thing new about them would be the heatshrink to make them look pretty
    GirlyPantz and spawn_8 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    cheap and batteries shouldnt be used in the same sentence unless its cheap AA ones for the tv remote.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Would definitely NOT touch , if you have a look at the photos , you can see the spot welding from when they were once in laptops or similar ... they are scavenged batts and would be 80% shagged , guaranteed

"pulled from brand new battery pack" my arse lol , the only thing new about them would be the heatshrink to make them look pretty
    They probably were new to the guy selling them, he only found them today on the scrap heap

I would not trust those batts in anything I was going to hold & especially not anything going near my face.

At $1.20 each they are only cheap until you get the dentist bill.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

There are some things you can get away with buying cheap, but IMHO batteries are not one of those things. I've bought some from "Supersports600" ebay store, and they are fantastic, good quality, not expensive, quickly delivered, and Supersports600 is a member of this forum. Not only that he has 100% good feedback score. Why risk your valuable equipment, and person, with cheap and possibly dangerous batteries, its a false economy if you wreck yourself, a loved one, or a valuable piece of equipment to save a couple of bucks.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'll put them to one side and use them in something like this.

After I check how they act under load, of course.

AVF Regular
    Cheap batteries.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast