Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery life question - going on holidays.

Battery life question - going on holidays.

So I'm going to Thailand for 8 days in January. I currently run a 14500 mod. I really like it but at three batteries per day I'm not sure if being attached to a charger is going to be a good way to spend my holiday.

So I was thinking of getting a cheep 18650 mech from Fasttech. I was wondering how long battery life do you get from these things. It's it a simple comparison of mAh multiplication? (4x600 is the same as 1x2400) or are there other factors at play?

Also why I'm here is they any issues going to Thailand with PV's. I know the normal air travel guidelines with batteries etc. I'm more worried about bringing nicotine into the country.

AVF Regular
    i get 1 full day out of a 18650 (panasonic cell) 2600 mAh i.e, its fully charged in the AM and it goes through till lunch the next day, 1 & 1/2 kayfuns of juice normally about 8-9w

if that helps at all.

AVF Regular
    You could check out the thaivape forum, looks like they have no issues, you could probably pick up some gear while you are there.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    where in thailand btw?

I go to Thailand on a regular basis every 6 weeks for work I have no issue with the provari's and KFL that I carry, you may get a few strange looks in the customs at the airport as they scan them but they have no issue with them.

It's just the case of choosing where you vape it, I have used it in the outdoor areas of a pub and restaurant with no issues just be sensible with it and don't go vaping in people or polices faces

They are illegal in Thailand but they are looking for the people selling them. But saying that you can buy the cigalikes on every street corner and street side stalls

I have purchased juice from their and had it delivered to my hotel dekang you can checkout a website thaiecig if you want to buy juice or some small ego batts but they are expensive but when desperate it's better than smoking

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Maybe look at a regulated 18650 mod as you'll be able to run them a bit lower without sacrificing vape quality than you would be able to in a mech.

Also have a look at something like the Soshine SC7 or other small charger that uses USB. Handy little buggers.

I went to Thailand on holiday and made a thread about it: Oh dear god what have I done... Vaper Travel Fail

I shat my pants through customs, I had images of being thrown in a Thai jail for life but he waved me through. I also saw people selling them but I didn't vape much in public outside the resort. Inside the resort I vaped my head off

Oh I did vape while riding an elephant, kayaking and on a speed boat because well pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple why not

Sorry I should expand on the customs part, at Phuket airport the guy scanned my handbag 3 times and then tipped it out on a tray, he pointed to the ecig and asked if it was for diabetes. I was terrified and made a smoking motion with my hand and he went "AHHHH ECIGARTETTE, GO THROUGH" lol. So yes he picked it out but didn't care. He only picked it out because the liquid in the stardust showed up in the scanner, if it was in a carto I doubt anything would have happened.
    Last edited by VapinKittie; 20-11-13 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks for all the posts. I'm going to go without for the day I travel. Pack every thing disassembled in my luggage with only batteries on a case with my carry on. I figure that would draw less attention to it, even though from what I've read I don't think I'll have any. It's only a 9 hour flight with no stops so it shouldn't be a drama!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    where in thailand btw?
    Off to Bangkok to meet a uni mate then we are going to Koh Samui for a week of suba diving and debortuary! I was thinking that's the sort of life I would need for a Holliday. I vape 3-5 ml a day without drinking / partying and that is 2.5 14500 batteries. The only issue is then having to charge 3-4 batteries a day. That's 4 hours charging and I have to be with it to change them when ones full!

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Maybe look at a regulated 18650 mod as you'll be able to run them a bit lower without sacrificing vape quality than you would be able to in a mech.

Also have a look at something like the Soshine SC7 or other small charger that uses USB. Handy little buggers.
    My main reason for mech is that I like to vape around 6 - 7 amps (15 to 25 watts depending on battery charge). Unless I get a DNA 20 everything with a chip is usually amp limited to less then that. Unless I'm wrong and you could direct me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by VapinKittie View Post
    I went to Thailand on holiday and made a thread about it: Oh dear god what have I done... Vaper Travel Fail

I shat my pants through customs, I had images of being thrown in a Thai jail for life but he waved me through. I also saw people selling them but I didn't vape much in public outside the resort. Inside the resort I vaped my head off

Oh I did vape while riding an elephant, kayaking and on a speed boat because well pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple why not

Sorry I should expand on the customs part, at Phuket airport the guy scanned my handbag 3 times and then tipped it out on a tray, he pointed to the ecig and asked if it was for diabetes. I was terrified and made a smoking motion with my hand and he went "AHHHH ECIGARTETTE, GO THROUGH" lol. So yes he picked it out but didn't care. He only picked it out because the liquid in the stardust showed up in the scanner, if it was in a carto I doubt anything would have happened.
    Thanks Kitty! I had a look at your thread and it make me somewhat less paranoid about taking my gear. Good to hear you had a good experience with it all!

AVF Regular
    I get 3+days on these:
    2X Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650B Battery NCRB 3400 | eBay

If i was going away for a week i could comfortably take 3 of these fully charged and not even bring a charger.
    Pueronline likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    I get 3+days on these:
    2X Panasonic NCR 18650 B 3400mAh Lithium LI ION NCR18650B Battery NCRB 3400 | eBay

If i was going away for a week i could comfortably take 3 of these fully charged and not even bring a charger.
    Thanks for the link. I'm leaning towards getting a cheep clone to take. It's around the same price as another two batteries for my GP Piccolo anyway, which I'd want if I was using it.

The only drama with getting a 22mm mod is that now I will want to get a 22mm atty for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast