Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kanger EVOD battery/charger question-New vaper

AVF Regular

Kanger EVOD battery/charger question-New vaper

Hi,

I bought a kanger EVOD yesterday from ozvape, first day was great, got into the second and realised there's something wrong.

The charger stays green when a battery is attached, which I thought it was only meant to do if fully charged. But my two flat batteries [both flash 15 times if pressed] do the same thing. Constant green light and not gain charge. Is this my charger, or battery, or me doing something wrong.

Hopefully just me and something quick to fix

Cheers

AVF Regular
    on one of my egos I have to press the button to get it to start charging.

green can also indicate a short....

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

It can also mean that your battery contact is not coming into contact with the one on the charger, Very gently lift your battery contact slightly (I use a toothpick to do this). I also find that this happens if the contacts are dirty. I get a cotton ball, spray it with a little isopropyl alcohol, and clean both the battery contact and the one on the charger (unplug it first though).

I now make a habit of cleaning the battery contact each time I charge a battery, or put a new tank/evod or clearo on a battery, it really makes a difference if the contact is good
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    on one of my egos I have to press the button to get it to start charging.

thanks for that, i'll try it

the light goes orange when i touch the battery if that means anything, do they need something to earth to?

i'll give this one another hour and see if i get anything from it, on the analogues for now and they are already seeming horrible [70 a day smoker for 20 years, 2 days vaping lol]

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    It can also mean that your battery contact is not coming into contact with the one on the charger, Very gently lift your battery contact slightly (I use a toothpick to do this). I also find that this happens if the contacts are dirty. I get a cotton ball, spray it with a little isopropyl alcohol, and clean both the battery contact and the one on the charger (unplug it first though).

I now make a habit of cleaning the battery contact each time I charge a battery, or put a new tank/evod or clearo on a battery, it really makes a difference if the contact is good
    i'll do that as a rule then, i don't have the isopropyl though

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    i'll do that as a rule then, i don't have the isopropyl though
    Most hardware shops sell isopropyl alcohol, and even some chemist do, its worth picking up a little bottle as you will find it very useful for cleaning vape gear. Its not expensive either, about $4-5 for 250ml, which will last you ages If you get into rebuildables you'll find this stuff very useful indeed Great for sterilising syringes also.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    in the charger? b/c neither battery seems to want to take charge, I knew I should have ordered an extra

I only have cash now, so i either have to go deposit coin, or find a local place that seels chargers by the looks. Lifting the battery contact didn't make the light change

Damn

AVF Regular
    possibly in the charger. dunno. green is on/charge complete, or a short as I said.

when you screw in the battery, light should go red/orange to indicate charging.

if the light is going orange when you touch the battery, it could be a dodgy connection. you should be able to screw it all the way in, and back it off a 1/4 turn. light goes from green to orange when you do this (in my 650mah ego, I had to push the button one to start the charge. in my 1100mah battery, i did not have to do this)

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I feel for you. Nothing worse than when you have done so well and something goes wrong with your hardware without any backup. Don't feel bad about smoking, you know now you can do it, You'll be back on track before you know it. I'm pretty new to this but learnt quite quickly to have at least 3 of everything.

AVF Regular
    dogman - maybe there is no problem

when i charge my egos there are two lights on the charger - a red one and a green one - both are on when it is charging - then the green one turns off when it is charged

is this what its doing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast