Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gurgling evod and pro tank mini

Gurgling evod and pro tank mini

I was just curious if anyone had any remedies to stop the gurgling I get with my pro tank mini and to a lesser extent my evods, I'm vaping high VG 70% 30% h2o should I perhaps remove a flavour wick ?
    Any ideas appreciated

AVF Regular
    gurgling is liquid getting into the chimney. You juice may be too thin with 30% water? Have you tried blowing through the atomiser into a tissue to clear it ?

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    gurgling is liquid getting into the chimney. You juice may be too thin with 30% water? Have you tried blowing through the atomiser into a tissue to clear it ?
    No I haven't, but won't the same problem just keep reoccurring ? I just assumed the opposite juice may have been too thick, and why would it happen a lot more with my pro tank mini it's horrendous actually

I don't know anything about Evods but if you think about the pro tank construction it's like a drinking straw punched through a can of soup. Suck on the straw and you just get air but if the straw has a couple of holes in it and you restrict the flow at the bottom the pressure difference will cause soup to enter the holes and come up the straw. Sooooo ... bottom line is either you are sucking too hard, there is not enough air flow (a restriction) at the bottom of the tank or there is not enough wick. All these will allow too much juice to get in to the chimney = gurgle. I'm open for correction here but that's what it seems like to me. Some times my PT will screw down finger tight and not have a problem, other times it almost shuts off, zero flow. I'm not sure why but it must have something to do with the coil assy and how far it allows the base of the tank to be seated on the tube.

Makes sense I guess I'll have to fiddle with it, change coils maybe make my own coils even but anyway its the complete opposite of what I thought.

I use them with 50/50 juice and they still gurgle a bit if there is not enough wick or the liquid level gets low.

Removing wicks in your case will likely cause more gurgle as you're letting more juice into the coil chamber.

Make sure you have all the wicks in place, and the post on top of the coil head is pushed on properly. Also that the rubber grommet is where it's meant to be. Other than that it's hard to say, although it's a known "feature" of current kanger products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Altered1 likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah, my t3s' clearos gugrle when they get low.... I saw somewhere that this may be caused by a pressure differential between the tank and the outside. The only fix I have is to draw slowly, blow out the excess juice that gets into the chimney, and keep it topped up. I dont really have this trouble with the CE4's, but the T3S's are a better atomiser

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I have had gurgling with all my clearos. It seems to happen for me when they are needing a clean or a new coil. I think because they are getting blocked I tend to suck harder. Once I clean them properly and dry them overnight they seem to come good again. I've found it on the CE4 & 5 the Kanger 2.

AVF Regular
    You can also try inverting the grommet. Seems counterintuitive, but it can do wonders
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

I've never tried inverting but it seems to work for a lot of people.

I only get gurgling in my pro tank when I over fill, all I do is blow it out and it's fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast