Thread: Advice needed how to clean Aspire BDC coils

AVF Regular

Advice needed how to clean Aspire BDC coils

Anyone have any info on cleaning and ? dry burning the aspire BDC coils
    I can't find any info on you tube
    Thankyou
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I boil mine for about 10 mins and leave them to dry overnight. Then I dry burn until the coil is bright orange. (I have to use a magnifying glass to look down inside for this.) If you wanted to you could boil and burn again to remove any ashy residue, but I've never noticed any effect on the flavour. This seems to bring them up pretty much as good as new.
    Last edited by Rose; 22-11-13 at 02:42 PM.
    margyb and essiemessy like this.

AVF Regular
    Do you take that silicone grommet out of the top and the silicone O ring off near the thread Rose
    Cheers margy

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Do you take that silicone grommet out of the top and the silicone O ring off near the thread Rose
    Cheers margy
    No I don't remove anything, just throw them straight in the pot. You don't need to as it's all heat proof. It will smoke a bit and smell nasty at first when you dry burn, but just keep doing it until the coils glow and there's no more smoke. It's a nice simple maintenance routine. I rotate about 4 or 5 so I do them in little batches.
    margyb and essiemessy like this.

AVF Regular
    I wonder if you could nuke them in the microwave for a minute ?? in a 1/2 cup of water
    GT Admin used to do this with his comets coils I think

Hello GT
    gtadmin likes this.

D'you take the little centre post out too... I take the larger plastic ring off and slip them onto a safety pin so's I don't lose them but I leave the middle bit just in case I can't replace it properly ?.. ( clueless )
    margyb likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    I wonder if you could nuke them in the microwave for a minute ?? in a 1/2 cup of water
    GT Admin used to do this with his comets coils I think

Hello GT
    Hi margy ��

I still nuke a coil in the microwave before and after a dry burn (after is crucial for removing the gunky taste ) One minute on high with an inch of water in the mug ...
    margyb and Donna like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

While I have all these experts explaining this, can you please tell me exactly what "dry burn" is? I get the gist of it but I'm still a bit confused. Many thanks folks.
    margyb likes this.

Super Moderator
    A dry burn is where you pulse the coil (which is exposed to air, not fluid and hence "dry") until it glows red/orange hot, thereby burning off all deposits (hence "burn") that build up on the coil during use.
    Donna likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    A dry burn is where you pulse the coil (which is exposed to air, not fluid and hence "dry") until it glows red/orange hot, thereby burning off all deposits (hence "burn") that build up on the coil during use.
    Are you saying....after cleaning and air drying and before filling with liquid, I put it all back together and pulse the button? Basic I know!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast