Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Decisions, decisions. Can you guide me?

Decisions, decisions. Can you guide me?

'Evening!

My first toy (iTaste V3) and some liquids arrived a couple of days ago. I'm loving it.

So, I'm seriously considering ordering some more useful toys for pre-Christmas delivery. If it's OK, can you take a look at the ideas below, and let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Here's the mod list (clones, sorry, I'm just getting started so need to be a bit cautious with the spend):
    * Nemesis,
    * Chi You,
    * King, or
    * Bagua;
    in 18650 mode, or 18500 if there is no kick extension, with a kick.

...and a possibly a Kraken. It seems to be the easiest to rebuild and seems to give the best control and performance, from the reviews that I have read. It has some bad points, but it seems to be a nice combination of convenience and results.

I'm not planning to get into sub-ohm dual coils for now, but am unsure about batteries. I'm very sure I want to source those locally, so am kinda looking at Sony or Panasonic units with a 10A drain rating, or some other IMR/IFR non-protected cell compatible with a kick. Or is a higher drain rating advisable? Am I looking in the right direction, or are my 'L' plates showing?

The reason for looking at these units is something a bit luxurious for home in the study. The little iTaste will be fine for taking on the road for work during the day.

Hope to learn from you.

Cheers - The Gardener.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

AVF Regular
    I would go for the Nemesis clone myself.......I own both an authentic Nemesis and a Clone, And I have to be honest ..........even side by side Its hard to tell the difference between the two. The other clones I know nothing about...I own an authentic bagua 22 Ti it was the first mech mod I owned and I regret paying the amount of money I did for it. The kraken is a good atty. very strong flavour and lots of vapour.
    steve.c and The Gardener like this.

I have no advice, just admiration. For a really new newby, your knowledge is amazing. The only part of your question I really understood is "useful toys for pre-Christmas delivery". All the rest is still gobbledegoop to me. Well done!

AVF Regular
    + 1 for the nemesis clone. It is a suave piece of kit. For something a bit smaller the private v2 clone is good if you like telescopic and own slightly different size batteries so there is not so much adjusting between batteries of different sizes ie. button tops vs flat tops. I just got a chi you clone and it works a treat. The button is great. If I had to choose one it would be the nemesis with the magnet switch upgrade. Only thing I've found with the nemesis is you need an atty with adjustable pin to set it up nice with a good throw on the button. Unless of course I'm wrong and just setting them up badly. Just grab them all and chuck a genny on one, dripper on another and kayfun or similar on another and enjoy vaping heaven :-)

AVF Regular
    I would get a magneto and order a upgraded top cap from madvapes, as batteries goes I use unprotected batteries in my mods, I live on the edge, lol actually over a yr now and never had a issue. I really like these batteries Steam-e-cigs | Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery
    If you want a great vv/vw get a innokin vtr, I just love mine.
    Jeff

+1 on the vtr for a vv.. surprisingly it handles alot, but as far as tubes go.. nemisis atm probably has the best rep as a clone.. biggest complaint I have seen is that they have a crunchy button which if you want can be easy fixed... the nemesis clones are only $30 I think

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    I would get a magneto and order a upgraded top cap from madvapes, as batteries goes I use unprotected batteries in my mods, I live on the edge, lol actually over a yr now and never had a issue. I really like these batteries Steam-e-cigs | Panasonic 18650 3400mAh battery
    If you want a great vv/vw get a innokin vtr, I just love mine.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    I have the nem clone and chi you and find the chi you's button better and both hit near the same but the nem with magnet up grade is next on the list,for a starter genny I would go the rsst and work your way up from there,the insulated large wick hole is a massive bonus and if your not planing on silly sub ohm you can't go past aw IMR 18650 IMO but what ever you choose have fun playing with it but always be safe first,cheers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    I have the nem clone and chi you and find the chi you's button better and both hit near the same but the nem with magnet up grade is next on the list,for a starter genny I would go the rsst and work your way up from there,the insulated large wick hole is a massive bonus and if your not planing on silly sub ohm you can't go past aw IMR 18650 IMO but what ever you choose have fun playing with it but always be safe first,cheers
    Totally agree. The RSST was my first genny and it is cheap and awesome. If you wanna go a cheap dripper, trident clone from fasttech with dual micro/contact coil on cotton wins hands down.
    Toddosh likes this.

AVF Regular
    As I have way more mods than I can use atm. I am also really happy coz I got a lot of really good vape mail this week.
    I will give you the nemesis clone a trident clone (never used) and a steam turbine clone (also never used). the steam turbine clone has some known issues though and would require a bit of tinkering to make it work well. If you cover the postage you can have them.
    gtadmin, Rynxa, Toddosh and 7 others like this.

Goz
    +1 for the Nemesis, I have got a few other cheap mechanicals and they all suck compared to the Nemesis. Hcigar seem to do a pretty good job of the clones.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast